get in here pedal power users

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by msp, Dec 17, 2005.

1. msp

msp Member

I need a little help from the community

i still use the origonal voodoo labs pedal power.....i am trying to deduce a daisychain milliamp situation on my pedal board

i have long since lost the manual and there are none avialable from the voodoo labs website

i have emailed them 2xs and have ZERO responce from them

Jerks!!!

could some really admirable and cool picker kindly post the output specs on the origonal voodoo labs pedal power for me

(specifically the output milliamps)

2. justicetones

justicetones Member

I own and use the original pedal power also. I will try to dig up the manual tomorrow. I want to say 200mA at each output from memory but don't quote me on that yet.

:BluesBros

3. D.G.

D.G. Member

Eight 5.2x2.1mm barrel connectors with center negative. Individually selectable between 9V @ 80mA and 13.2V

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Call them on Monday, they have always answered my questions.

5. justicetones

justicetones Member

Can't find the manual but it looks like D.G. got you the specs. That sounds more like it too.

6. msp

msp Member

andreas over at the HC boards told me that at some point in time doodoo labs posted 80mA in the manual and 100mA on the website

to give him credability he has a website dedicated to the power specs of various pedals and power supplies so he is hip on the subject

it seems that noone knows for sure

I have a pedal that states in the manual that with a 9volt battery it uses 5mA but suggests that you use (when powering with a adaptor) one that supplies 100mA minimum

WTF??!!!

shouldn't it be the same miliamp usage battery or dc?

i mean at 100mA you would use a battery in 30 minutes

the pedal is a tech21 sansamp para driver di.........i use it to push my acoustic guitar through my pedal board of 10 effects

currently the pedal power seems to be doing a fine job of running it but i am afraid that over time i will burn out the transformer or whatever other internal conponents are in there that suffer from heat/and over current draw

any suggestions?

andreas told me that most pedals only use about two thirds miliamps of what they recomend for whatever legal safety reasons and that if the pedal only needs 5mA for the battery to run then thats all it really needs for the dc too

anyone have an opinion?

7. nsriley

nsriley Member

You know I've e-mailed them a few times looking to get some additional barrel plug wires, and have gotten no responses. Maybe I'll have to call.

-Peace
    -Nate

8. TomK

TomK Member

It is actually 100ma per their specs.

9. drolling

drolling Member

FWIW, when they started up the company, I got prompt, friendly & thorough responses to my e-mails. As time went on, the replies got slower and crankier, too. The last time anyone answered one of my questions, it sounded like the guy had just completed a weekend seminar in the Mike Fuller school of business relations.

10. msp

msp Member

thanks gtrguy17 but ......

once again this is not the origonal pedal power manual its for the pedal power 2 plus

but hey......its the thought that counts right?

i have googled the web and news groups...........tried to call them and email them as well,

still can't find the manual

11. gtrguy17

gtrguy17 Member

Sorry. I wasn't paying enough attention. That manual should still work, though. The only differences in between the PPI and the PPII were the addition of the SAG controls and the variable voltages for the Line6 type stuff. Current ratings should be the same.

12. msp

msp Member

no problem

unfortunately it looks like the pp2 has 100mA per output except for outlets 5 and 6

and the pp1 only has 80mA perout put

but i am trying to verify this

if anyone has the origonal manual