Get in touch with Martin Soulsonic

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Hoffe_68, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

Hi
    I ordered my Illuminated OD and paid for it in the beginning of April. I've benn in touch with Martin a couple of times. The last time in the beginning of June. Martin then told me it was almost finished.
    After that not a word. I've been mailing, messaging through TGP and also through his website. And no answer.

I know about the robbery his been victim of. And it's tragic. I also read that he lost a lot of his correspondance that he had in the computer that got stolen. But his mailadress is supposely up and running now. But still no answer.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with him?

regards
    Thomas

2. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

Sorry for being impatient. But does anyone know?

3. stekks

stekks Member

I just send a mail out too.. again...

4. Jani Marjoniemi

Jani Marjoniemi Member

His website was updated June 21st with this:

5. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

I know that and he wants people with pedals pending to get in touch. So I tried dozens of times but no answer.
    But I tried his Facebookpage and sent a pm fr.o.m. there and hopefully I'll get through.
    /Thomas

6. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

7. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

Still waiting, no answer!
    Does anyone know if Soul Sonic have gone out of business? or why else he's avoiding contact.

8. cribcage

cribcage Member

I'm not confident this thread is going to produce anything for you (unfortunately). It sounds like you have already emailed him, you've used his website's contact form, and you've private-messaged him. What you need isn't a way to contact him; you've already got those and used them. What you need is for him to respond, which I'm not sure anybody at TGP can help you with.

I'm sure it's frustrating and I am sympathetic. (I tried contacting him, too. I wanted to buy a Modulux and asked about price. No answer.) But at this point, it might be more productive to look at other options. If you paid with a credit card, you can dispute the charge. If you paid via PayPal, you can file a claim. If you paid via postal money order, you can file an inquiry form (PS Form 6401).

I think continuing to bump this thread is a dead end.

9. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

Thanks for the sympathy Cribcage. And sorry for bumping this up but it is out of pure frustration. But also if someone heard a sign of life from in recently that could chime in.

Unfortunately it has passed more than 45 days, so it seems that I can't file a claim.
    I'm going to continue contacting him though. And this is the last bump for this thread:)

10. snouter

snouter Member

The record of your Paypal payment is permanently available for him to access via...Paypal. Strange if he doesn't have records elsewhere of what he is legal obliged to send you. Maybe try contacting Paypal just in case they can point you in the right direction and at least get your case officially filed should you want to pursue other action. Paypal is on the side of buyers moreso than sellers.

11. cribcage

cribcage Member

I agree with Snouter that it might be worth talking to someone at PayPal. Sometimes companies will make exceptions to their policies. If you don't have any luck there, try the next step in the chain: How did you PayPal collect your money? If they charged the purchase to your credit card, call your credit-card company and ask about disputing the charge. If they transferred money from your bank account, ask your bank about possible options.

Good luck. I hope you're able to get either the pedal, or your money back. I haven't seen any indication anywhere that Martin is anything but a stand-up guy so I'm hopeful for you, but I definitely sympathize with your frustration.

12. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

Hi again
    I'm still looking to get in touch with Martin @ Soulsonic. I'm in contact with two other guys with pedals pending that also have tried to contact him numerous times.

Somebody must know something about Martin. Has something happened to him or why doesn't he answer his mails.

We really have tried to solve this problem with correspondance with Martin but not an answer whatsoever.
    We have also been in touch with PayPal and evidently there's been complaints earlier on with his PayPal account so one can wonder about the seriousness of his business.

So please could anyone with some info please chime in.

13. stekks

stekks Member

Bump!! I'd like to finally get Illuminated drive too please!! Ordered it in April too...

14. misterdrew

misterdrew Member

Hi folks,
    This is my first post and unfortunately it's to throw my hat into the ring.
    I also ordered from soulsonic in April I ordered a modded Fourbanger for $300 and have also not heard from him since june
    If anyone has had any contact with Martin then would they post details or pm me?

I don't mind waiting for the pedal, I can't help thinking that this pedal would have been the best
    a Fourbanger with 5 foot switches germanium transistor and tone shaping switches
    If Martin is having problems then I would he let us know and I'm sure most, if not all of his customers would be happy to wait. This guy has a fantastic reputation both as a builder and as a member of various building and Modding forums
    Thanks
    Drew

15. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

I came across his phone nr and adress and gave him a call earlier this week.
    He answered so I had the correct number. He was very sorry and apoligized. And eventually he had moved and then forgot about it.
    I can't see how you can forget something that important if you running a serious business. He sounded confused and nervous.
    He promised to send out my pedal in the end of this week. I'm not sure he will do it though. I'm under the impression that he's having some kind of trouble.
    The situation and the phone call was just weird.

How ever I can hook you upp with phone nr if you send me a PM.

16. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

I just recieved a PM from yet another that haven't recieved their pedals. It seems that Martin has been busy doing nothing but gather in the payments.

So I think it's about time to add a warning about doing business with Soul Sonic as long as Martin doesn't deliever what he has sold!

17. magnus02

magnus02 Member

That's pretty sketchy... I have one of his pedals and love it and ordered it direct from him a year or two ago but to be honest it sounds like he was trying to sketch off and you caught him off guard...

Best of luck to everyone for either getting a pedal or their money back

18. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

I sent Martin a SMS today just to get a verification that he is going to send the pedal. I got an answer back within minutes saying that the pedal is going out on Friday. I really hope so, so I can put this behind me.

And I also hope this apply to all here that is missing their pedals.

19. misterdrew

misterdrew Member

Good work "Columbo" (ask your dad )
    I'll be following up this weekend
    I hope he fulfills his commitments to us all
    I'm sure being robbed has had a detrimental affect on him, so I'm hopeful
    Thanks
    Drew

20. Hoffe_68

Hoffe_68 Member

No worries. And I remember Columbo, so I guess that makes me mature:)