• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Get your Premier Guitar mystery stocking. You have like 2 mins

Robert Libutti

Silver Supporting Member
It's weird..they "sell out" in minutes but then 15-20 minutes it seems maybe they release a few more?
I got mine in the first minute then checked out of curiosity and after 5 minutes it was showing them sold out...then I checked again 15-20 later and they were showing available to buy again....so Who knows?

Sorry you missed out.
Yeah. I mean, it is what it is. I'm not going to go home and dwell on it until next year haha. But it would be fun to get through one year, even for a box of 'junk.'

SubApathy

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe if it stayed open, the site would crash. Selling them slowly may help the system.

BadgerDave

Platinum Supporting Member
Double Platinum Member
I'm guessing that they collect payment info, close the portal once they've hit the max number of entries, then process the credit card payments. Then, when payments are declined, they re-open the portal and take a few more entries.

Robert Libutti

Silver Supporting Member
I'm guessing that they collect payment info, close the portal once they've hit the max number of entries, then process the credit card payments. Then, when payments are declined, they re-open the portal and take a few more entries.
This makes sense. The other year the system seemed like it just collapsed.

gearitis

Platinum Supporting Member
Missed it.

I just opened the link in the email I got yesterday from Premier Guitar to get ready to take a shot at getting one and discovered that it had started at 10 a.m. CST not PST. Doh!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I think I've been in for 4 years? Or maybe it was 3 years but one year I got two boxes (you could do that a few years ago when it wasn't such a scramble). Anyway of the 4:
2 years of cheap straps, strings in strange gauges and assorted picks (I got AC/DC and Kiss maybe).
1 year a set of really nice In Ear Monitors
1 year an Earthquaker pedal

So, overall, I could continue buying them for a decade and still be a little ahead of the game. YMMV...

bizzwriter

Silver Supporting Member
Just refreshed the order page and got in at 10:20AM Pacific. Order placed. Looking forward to seeing what finds its way to my front door...

THANKS OP!

donnievaz

I think I've been in for 4 years? Or maybe it was 3 years but one year I got two boxes (you could do that a few years ago when it wasn't such a scramble). Anyway of the 4:
2 years of cheap straps, strings in strange gauges and assorted picks (I got AC/DC and Kiss maybe).
1 year a set of really nice In Ear Monitors
1 year an Earthquaker pedal

So, overall, I could continue buying them for a decade and still be a little ahead of the game. YMMV...
I've done it every year except last year when I couldn't get through and I've yet to get a big prize. Lots of picks, strings, straps, etc. I think the most valuable thing was a nice Boss TU-10 clip on tuner a couple years ago. It sure is fun opening that box though.

TedJames

I'm o for 3 in getting cool stuff... but I got in again this year... it is a small gamble... and I've spent money in dumberer ways before.
Amen. I throw away more money than this on stupid stuff every week, if not every day. It’s a fun chance to get something cool.

Plus I read and watch the hell out of their reviews (good stuff there, often with details, settings etc not available anywhere else) and have made good purchasing decisions based on their recommendations, so hopefully this supports them somewhat - and gets them more eyeballs - and they keep doing what they do.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Whoops forgot about it until I read this thread. Let us know how it goes! Last year the big score for me was a long sleeved shirt that has disappeared.

Tweedo

Gold Supporting Member
I've tried the last 4-5 yrs. Today was the first time I got a slot. I can blow $40 on food and drink one day or mystery box.

Trending Topics