• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

getting a crappy sound

UnderTheWooDd

the sound my schecter puts out through my mincrocube is sounding less like the rectifier setting and more like someone blowing on a microphone. The staticy sound seems to almost drown out the actual notes I'm playing. I think i have some wires loose in my guitar. could anything else be the problem? thanks.

macca

uh oh, if tone is in the hands, you may have some serious problems

are you able to play a differnt guitar through the amp, or that guitar through a differnt amp

I think you need to narrow what the problem is by changing different parts of the signal chain (e.g., if the guitar sounds that way through a differnt amp .. . . does is sound that way with both pickups, or just one, etc.)

Rosewood

Do you have another amp and guitar? It's easy to isolate the problem to one or the other then you can focus on the bad guy.

stratoskier

Are you referring to the little Boss MicroCube amp? If so, I think the Rectifier model in those blows -- it sounds really artificial and buzzy to me. I've had much more luck with the Classic Stack (=Marshall) setting. Also, don't forget that these things only have 2 watts and a 5" speaker -- if you crank it beyond its limits, everything craps out.

Last edited:

UnderTheWooDd

Are you referring to the little Boss MicroCube amp? If so, I think the Rectifier model in those blows -- it sounds really artificial and buzzy to me. I've had much more luck with the Classic Stack (=Marshall) setting. Also, don't forget that these things only have 2 watts and a 5" speaker -- if you crank it beyond its limits, everything craps out.

yep thats the one, and the rectifier in it sounds like CRAP with anything but rhythm chords. i thought i just sucked at soloing for a while, but then i played through an ESP tuckster and a randall at a music shop and i sounded much better... but yeah it's just not made for soloing...

Trending Topics