• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Getting a huge, reverb-y bass sound?

MemorymanDL

Hey guys,
I've been looking into doing a little more post-rock, ambient sort of bass stuff. I recorded a couple of clips with my Mr. Black Supermoon and it sounds pretty good. It just kind of feels like something's missing.

Any thoughts?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
for me bass is something i use to lock in with a drummer, so i'd have no idea what to do with that kind of sound (does sound really cool though); it strikes me that a volume pedal could be useful for swelling in and fading out the "soundscapes" you're creating there.

you'd want either an active pedal or a low impedance version run after another "always on" effect.

MemorymanDL

That's a good thought, having my hands free to focus more on the fretboard rather than the volume knob would be free up some space.

Thank you!

olejason

It is missing delay :) Can't do ambient without copious amounts of syrupy delay. I also like to mix in some octave up when I do this kind of stuff on bass.

MemorymanDL

I've had a couple of people suggest the octave idea. I have a Micro-Pog that wasn't seen a whole lot of use lately. I might give it another try tomorrow morning when I'll have the house to myself.

Thank you!

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
try it of course, but i find the micro-pog to be really bold and in-your-face with a metallic, clanky sort of sound, which might be the opposite of an "ambient" vibe.

(mostly the high octave though, a pinch of sub-lows underneath might be suitably "atmospheric")

Trending Topics