• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Getting a Mojotone Slammins -mini for review

JohnGorbe

Hi everyone. I'll be getting one of these angled cabs for a review in a day or so. I'll probably post here what I think of it as far as initial impressions and after a gig. Does anyone here have any experiences with this cab?

IM4Tone

Four posts. He probably went away, never to return.
But gearmandude has this to report.
I don't have the mini 1X12, but rather the 2X12 loaded w/ a Swamp Thang and Wizard. It's a great cab.

Gearmandude also demos the 2X12 HERE. (What an ugly color and I much preferred the sound of his demo of the mini 1X12 using a different guitar and amp.)

JiMB

Looks like they're discontinued.(Nope, still available)
Metropoulos has a 2x12 that looks like the top half of a slant cab coming out.

Last edited:

JiMB

rburkard

Double Platinum Member
I own a 1x12 Monotone Slammins. Have it loaded with a Scumback M75 LD 100 watts. It does not project exactly "in your face" due to its angled baffle if you stand closer in front of it, but it brings down the overall volume quite a bit once you notice how loud you are usually playing without ever really realizing it with regular cabs. Very nice solution if you like tube amps but are in a more in ear monitoring or lower stage volume environment. I like the Slammins so much that they will become my main cabs. Will order a 2x12 as well. BTW: I tested half open back and settled for closed back, otherwise the cab looses most of its purpose IMO. The cab sounds huge for a 1x12. Probably because of its depth size. Great idea and cab. Couldn't be happier.

Saint Luminus

I've been itching to get one. I think Friedman also sells slanted guitar cabs and so does Avatar. Mojotone is the only one I know who sells a 1x12. If anyone else has one, pleeeease let us know your opinions on it.