• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Getting a Moog Mother 32

p.j.

Belated Xmas and early b-day gift. I picked this over the Make Noise 0-Coast, Critter and Guitari Organelle, Teenage Engineering OP-1, and the Pittsburg Modular Blackbox. I should get it any day now. I hope I made the right decision.

champion ruby

You won't regret it. Just make sure you learn the sequencer functions as it can do a lot. When patched into other synths the mixer and mults are essential for correct tracking. Even though it's 1 oscillator it makes some of the best horn/trumpet PWM sounds I've heard from any synth.

p.j.

You won't regret it. Just make sure you learn the sequencer functions as it can do a lot. When patched into other synths the mixer and mults are essential for correct tracking. Even though it's 1 oscillator it makes some of the best horn/trumpet PWM sounds I've heard from any synth.
I am psyched! Thanks for responding.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
I have an M32 and an 0-Coast. Of the two, if I were only able to have one, I'd pick the M32. It's really packed with features and has that classic Moog sound. Do you have any other Eurorack, or will this be your entry?

p.j.

I have an M32 and an 0-Coast. Of the two, if I were only able to have one, I'd pick the M32. It's really packed with features and has that classic Moog sound. Do you have any other Eurorack, or will this be your entry?
This will be my first. I have a Microbrute which has some patch points. I looked at the 0-Coast as well but thought the 32 would be a little more manageable right off the bat. I am psyched!

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
This will be my first. I have a Microbrute which has some patch points. I looked at the 0-Coast as well but thought the 32 would be a little more manageable right off the bat. I am psyched!
I think you made the right choice. I really like the 0-Coast because it's a different voicing option, but again, if it were between the two, the Mother would be my first choice. There is quite a bit you can do with it even without any other Eurorack. The sequencer has a steep learning curve, but it's well covered in the manual. Have fun with it!

Modulator

Any eurorack is the right choice because you can always add more.
If you get hooked on euro....be prepared to start selling pedals for filters and oscillators. :D

I had a big euro system, no euro right now, but the Moog Mother and Make Noise 0-Coast look really tempting.

909one

I got one a few months ago. Its pretty incredible. I've owned other analog synths in the past, but nothing modular. It totally rules. The filter is pretty amazing. The only bad thing is that is now opened up the door for synth GAS again. I just picked up a Minilogue this weekend to complement the Mother. Its a good combo of tones.

champion ruby

Can't say I got hooked on Euro from my mothers but definitely hooked on Moogerfoogers and the CP251. Euro modules seem to have knobs in annoying places quite often and the build quality of some modules turned me off the format pretty quick.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
I got my Mother 32 on Wednesday. Having a blast with it so far. Just wish I didn't need my glasses to read the patch point labels.
If you haven't already, do take the time to read the manual. Some elements (ex the sequencer and the assignable patch point) are not exactly intuitive, so diving into the manual will help you get the most of the features. Congratulations and have fun with it!

Empros

The only synth I've kept around is a Minitaur, was thinking the Mother 32 would be the perfect compliment.

p.j.

What are people using to trigger the Mother 32? I have been using my Qunexus and Keystep with the cv outputs. The Keystep is kind of finicky if I use the midi out.

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
What are people using to trigger the Mother 32? I have been using my Qunexus and Keystep with the cv outputs. The Keystep is kind of finicky if I use the midi out.
Depending on what I'm doing, I'm using various things. The on board sequencer is quite good on its own once you get past the learning curve. I'm also using a BeatStep Pro and my Deepmind 12 as MIDI controllers. I also have a 5U Eurorack system, and at times use other modules to trigger the Mother. That's the great thing about the Mother. There are so many ways to interact with it, along with the fact that it's quite good even on it's own.

champion ruby

I usually only send mine midi clock from my ipad. If I want to play them from a keyboard I use CV from other synths.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom