getting lukewarm on the EQD Palisades?

CB3874

Hello,

I was pretty happy with the Palisades when I first got it but the enthusiasm has diminished over time. I struggled to find a working setting in my last jam, leaning more on my Nano Muff. Does anyone have any cool settings to share? I'm going to watch the ProGuitarShop.com demo for some ideas later tonight. I like channel A but not so impressed with channel B. I prefer my Keeler Designs Push OD over the channel B.

Thanks!

dharkon8

Still loving mine. Using at home and in the band and using gain a, gain b and the boost. Tend to have the voice on 3 or 4, the bandwidth on 3 or 4, gain a on about 11 and gain b on about 4. Agree that gain a seems to sit better in the band context and I often boost it for chorus. Bright switch and buffer are both on.
Awesome pedal :)

Hello,

I was pretty happy with the Palisades when I first got it but the enthusiasm has diminished over time. I struggled to find a working setting in my last jam, leaning more on my Nano Muff. Does anyone have any cool settings to share? I'm going to watch the ProGuitarShop.com demo for some ideas later tonight. I like channel A but not so impressed with channel B. I prefer my Keeler Designs Push OD over the channel B.

Thanks!
that's the curse of hyper-tweakability. it becomes extremely hard to dial in, as all the settings are so drastic in nature. try sticking to one voice/bandwidth setting, and dialing boost, gain, and tone from there.

dharkon8

that's the curse of hyper-tweakability. it becomes extremely hard to dial in, as all the settings are so drastic in nature. try sticking to one voice/bandwidth setting, and dialing boost, gain, and tone from there.
I don't find that the voice or bandwidth settings are drastic at all. In fact in a band context I find that dialing in a sound for a particular song is easily done by just moving the bandwidth and/or voice one click either way. So easy to do on the fly.
I do agree that finding a voice and bandwidth you like and tweaking boost and gain from there is a great way to start.

Turi

That's the problem with things like the Palisades that have so much versatility and flexibility, it's hard to settle on something you like.

I had one a while back, really liked it - but I did find the Hardwire CM-2 easier to coax the "right" sound out of.

Now I've been forced into only amp drive, and I'm finding it even easier to get the right sound.

I really think too many options makes it harder to settle on something - it does for me, apparently, anyway.. that said, I don't think it's even been out long enough for anyone to have it mastered.

I think if you really learnt and mastered the pedal and became comfortable with it, and knew it back to front, it'd basically end the search for you.

Problem is, ain't nobody got tahme fo' dat.

Trending Topics