Getting stiffed on the emporiums...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by sshan25, Feb 10, 2015.

1. sshan25

sshan25 Supporting Member

l'm not saying l'd do this (even if l could) but l'm curious as to what y'all think about a similar situation if you encountered it. I have an ad on an emporium here. Someone made me an offer for the item. I rejected it. He then asked me what l wanted. I countered and he accepted. l then thanked him and gave him my Paypal address (as he had requested). The next correspondence between either of us was from him saying that he was going to srnd me a payment "now". That was a day and a half ago. Since then, he's dropped off the face of the earth. No payment or response to my emails asking about what the deal is. Can l leave bad feedback in this situation? Or, is feedback only allowed for completed deals? I really don't care in my case but l thought others might want to know that this (14 post) guy doesn't follow through on his TGP committments. Opinions, please.

2. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Just another flake/tire kicker I guess, just forget it and move on.

3. woof*

woof* Member

Ask your mom.

4. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

When selling you want to indicate that an item is sold PENDING PAYMENT...while you're waiting on payment you can let other people now that if the first buyer bails the. They're next in line.

This buyer flaked, you can't leave feedback for them nor should you be able to do that. What you should be thankful for is that this tire kicker and time waster DIDN'T send you any money. They're a "buyer's remorse" guy that wants their money back just begging to happen.

You likely dodged a bullet...be thankful for that and move on. :)

5. itkindaworks

itkindaworks Member

You didn't really get stiffed but I agree it's not cool. Just send the guy a message that you've put it back up for sale. If you want your offer to stand with him then let him know, if not just leave it at that. This happens a lot and not only to you.

6. Buckeyedog

Buckeyedog Supporting Member

Yep, likely happened to a lot of us in here........myself included. I just put the item back up for sale and don't worry about it. Stinks, but just the way is seems to be now.

7. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

I do not change the listing until I have payment.
    You never know what happened. Maybe he didn't have a PayPal account and realized that there are step to take roger setup for easy online commerce.

8. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

That's about par for the course these days in the emporium. Just move on, nothing you can do about it.

9. Custom50

Custom50 Member

Don't leave negative feedback, just find a new buyer.

10. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Supporting Member

Lol @ "TGP committments"... really, you've been a TGP member long enough to know this place produces more empty promises than a politician with BBQ breath.

11. ledzep618

ledzep618 Supporting Member

Tire Kickers...this place is no better than Craigslist 95% of the time. Get used to it.

12. Drak

Drak Supporting Member

I want to neg you for wasting my time.
    Where can I leave neg feedback on you :bonk?

13. ZeyerGTR

ZeyerGTR Supporting Member

This, exactly. Sucks to have time wasted, but it wasn't any money. You never know what happened with the person and maybe in the long run you saved yourself some grief.

14. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

A deal is done when payment is made. Until then, it's all just dust in the wind.

15. sshan25

sshan25 Supporting Member

Pretty much what l thought. Moved on, lesson learned...

16. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I wouldn't even do that. These days, you can pay instantly. To me, it's open to anybody until you actually have the cash.

17. Mr Boggie

Mr Boggie Member

Welcome to the world of sales.

18. SW33THAND5

SW33THAND5 Member

seems more like an annoyance rather than a real problem.

19. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

First money in the door gets it. All else is just negotiation. I don't do "sold pending payment", things fall through.

If someone wants it but I haven't set a fixed time to meet or I haven't heard from them in a day, and another offer comes through, I contact them and let them know it's time to pay or I'll move on to the next offer.

20. GuitarGuy3

GuitarGuy3 Member

I had the opposite happen to me. I was ready to buy something after a couple of email exchanges. Then the seller goes silent. I really don't understand people at all. If a buyer or seller has a change of heart, a massive diarrhea attack or whatever, just say so. So many people just go silent today when faced with decision. I guess it's easier than facing reality. Just move on.