Getting that Lexicon PCM-42 Delay Sound

Matt Griffin

Silver Supporting Member
I think it was stated that this mystery pedal being teased by HOSAT has nothing to do with CBA, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t developing one on their own, since it’s inevitable that they release an automatone delay and they’ve already established a Lexicon connection.
I don’t think anything has been clearly stated or ruled out about CBA. Everything’s just hints and insinuation at this point.

The closest to getting it nixed, I think, was when someone tried to actually pull CBA in for comment and HOSAT asked to please not pull in other builders. Which of course would be uncool if it was CBA and he had an NDA with them. That’s here.

He did say it’s not Meris definitively here:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...icon-pcm-42-delay-sound.2120023/post-34670733

But whatever in the end there will be only one. Or two I guess. :)

bluey1980

I don’t think anything has been clearly stated or ruled out about CBA. Everything’s just hints and insinuation at this point.

The closest to getting it nixed, I think, was when someone tried to actually pull CBA in for comment and HOSAT asked to please not pull in other builders. Which of course would be uncool if it was CBA and he had an NDA with them. That’s here.

He did say it’s not Meris definitively here:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...icon-pcm-42-delay-sound.2120023/post-34670733

But whatever in the end there will be only one. Or two I guess. :)

Despite it making so much sense that the manufacturer could be Chase Bliss, as they have a long heritage of collaboration with other builders & artists, plus the CXM connection & many other clues; a few things make me doubt it will be the 3rd Automatone, which therefore made me doubt it can be Chase Bliss.

1. Ed said earlier in the thread that this would not fit in a standard pedal enclosure but would be smaller than the original Line 6 DL4 which is roughly about the size of an Automatone (wider but not as deep)?
2. The Automatone format only has a single character numerical display, but presumably this would need 4 digits.
3. Mapping 7 rotary encoders on to 6 faders whilst retaining original functionality, perhaps needing to use MIDI in or Expression in or a secondary function control for one of those.

On the other hand, who else could it really be :) can't wait to find out!

Matt Griffin

Silver Supporting Member
Despite it making so much sense that the manufacturer could be Chase Bliss, as they have a long heritage of collaboration with other builders & artists, plus the CXM connection & many other clues; a few things make me doubt it will be the 3rd Automatone, which therefore made me doubt it can be Chase Bliss.

1. Ed said earlier in the thread that this would not fit in a standard pedal enclosure but would be smaller than the original Line 6 DL4 which is roughly about the size of an Automatone (wider but not as deep)?
2. The Automatone format only has a single character numerical display, but presumably this would need 4 digits.
3. Mapping 7 rotary encoders on to 6 faders whilst retaining original functionality, perhaps needing to use MIDI in or Expression in or a secondary function control for one of those.

On the other hand, who else could it really be :) can't wait to find out!
He said of the collaborator I might be on their email list, and I’m only in like 4 e-mail lists, and one of them is CBA, so science insists it must be CBA.

Right?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom