GFS lil killer 15k?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dazco, Feb 23, 2009.

1. dazco

dazco Member

Who's had one, what did you think?

2. MrMike

MrMike Member

I have the full set. They're dead quiet with a lot of low end and a nice touch of Stratiness. If I had a complaint, it would be that they're a just bit dark, but I haven't changed pots and caps yet.

3. dazco

dazco Member

How well can it do a hot HB sound? I know it's not exact....coils too close and all that. But how close CAN it get? Also, have you split it and if so hows that?

4. MrMike

MrMike Member

They don't have the low-end booty of a full sized humbucker, and you'll never forget that you're playing a Strat, but they certainly pack a lot more wallop than a stock single-coil. My other main guitar is a Les Paul Studio that sounds huge, so it's not a completely fair comparison. It has roughly the same amount of bass as my Les Paul Deluxe with Dimarzio DLX Plus pups, maybe just a bit less. I haven't tried splitting them, so I can't comment on their single-coil voice.

5. VanR

VanR Senior Member

6. HHB

HHB Member

I'm super happy w/ the 11k

7. Blingdogg

Blingdogg Member

Thanks for the info guys. I'm curious about trying out the 10K version in my Squier Strat.