• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

GFS soapbar pickups?

overdriven07

Anybody have any experience with GFS soapbars? I want to upgrade the stock soapbars in my guitar. I can't quite afford boutique pickups, and the price tag on the GFS pups is pretty attractive. But how do they sound?

NoahL

i think the Mean 90s get a lot of good reviews, more than the lower-impedance 90s they sell. but i had a pair i a no-name, non-mahogany LP double-cut copy, and they sounded kind of harsh, despite a pro setup. i think they're really meant to shine in mahogany-body guitars or maybe in a semihollow -- not in a brighter-wood guitar. maybe other folks could chime in here.

NoahL

it's late here and i'm not all there. of course, the Mean 90s are humbucker-sized, so that probably isn't what you're asking about. sorry.

SupDude

Not to take away from the OP, but if anyone else has used GFS pickups I'd like to hear about them. I too am looking at them right now to turn my HSS Strat into an HH

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
These pickups are so cheap you can't afford NOT to try them -

StackTrayce

The core question here seems to be whether some of the GFS soapbars would be an improvement over stock ibanez p90s in their p90 jet kings like the jtk3. I don't know too much about either set of pups, I have heard some people say they were surprised with how well their jet kings sounded stock, but I don't know if that was a p90 model.
Has anyone heard the GFS p90s or found any good reviews? How about the Ibanez P90s?

Trending Topics