GGG BSIAB II through an open back cab

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sroux, Aug 1, 2005.

1. sroux

sroux Member

Howdy..

Been researching pedals that would give me a convincing Marshall sound. I'm focusing on the BSIAB II right now, as the sound clips are pretty much what I'm aiming for.

What I was wondering was how good the pedal would sound with an open backed cab? I am playing through a Reverend Kingsnake cab with a 12" Neo Jensen speaker. Not sure what the demo clips on the GGG site are played through, but they are pretty much what I'm aiming for. The Kingsnake does great Fender clean, and can get very "Voxey", but doesn't quite go all the way to Marshall grind, and I need that for a few songs I am working on.

So...would the BSIAB fit the bill??, any other suggestions. I'm trying to keep it under 2 bills.

Thanks!

Shawn

2. erksin

erksin Member

The HAO Rust Driver is nice - very Marshally IMO.

I think the EMMA ReezaFRATzitz is great for that too, but don't have any firsthand experience...

3. sroux

sroux Member

I was checking out the Rust Driver, and the EMMA Reeza.... (sounds like Yosemite Sam named it,don't it! )

Thanks!

Shawn

4. muddy

muddy Member

got 1 coming soon, so i'll let you know what methinx.

ml

5. sroux

sroux Member

Cool....would appreciate it!

Cheers..

Shawn

6. VanStone

VanStone Member

I'd recommend the Carl Martin PlexiTone. Best Marshall-in-a-box I've heard. Bit pricey and takes up some extra board real estate, but very convincing tone.

V

7. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Member

Don't forget the Kaden Brown Creeper. I just bought one and I'm pretty darn happy w/ it. I wouldn't say it's a Marshall in a box, but more an EVH in a box..... the best EVH in a box I've personally ever played. Not super dynamic, and the tone knob is not very useable as it messes with the volume when you turn it, but the tone is total early EVH all the way. Harmonicaly rich mid-heavy tone, cool natty attack, note clarity, and lots of great sustain. Some cool ACDC tones in there too.

I did a pretty thourough review that should be posted on HC review boards tomorrow.

A

8. sroux

sroux Member

Cool...that's another that I'm checking out!

Thanks

Shawn

9. muddy

muddy Member

don't forget to check out sean's magicboy distortion. and for a more 60's style marshall, obviously the cot50. AND the barber ddss!

ml

10. Caprica

Caprica Member

Just bumping the oldest thread ..... Just because I can ....

11. Icedstevo

Icedstevo Supporting Member