GHS EJ Nickel Rockers?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Krank, May 8, 2008.

1. Krank

Krank Member

Just got a handful of these. How do you like them - is it just me, or are they quite mid-rangey? Not that it's necessarily a bad thing.

2. coolhand78

coolhand78 Supporting Member

i love em... I use the 11's, they're great strings... i was using standard tuning but last night decided to try Eb tuning, was totally amazed at the change in tone coming from my amp... i previously had my bass on about 6, when i tuned down i had to roll it back to about 3 i also had to up the treble a bit and swap from tube to diode rectifier... also made my amp break up a lot more... is gonna need some more tweaking before i'm happy with it, i may revert back yet... ;)

3. alivegy

alivegy Member

I switched from boomers to nickel rockers and liked the change to nickel. Nickel seems softer and better balanced frequency wise. One thing i did not like about them was that they are slightly flatwound. I didn't like the feel that this gave the strings and after playing the guitar just a couple of times the strings would start to sound a bit dead. Because of that I switched to the pure nickel fender bullets and really love them. They feel great under your fingers and have great warmth but without loosing the brightness so the frequency range seems to be more balanced than typical steel/nickel strings. I love them and the bullet end works great with my tremolo.

4. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I've been using GHS Nickel Rockers for about 2 years. I love them. The EJs are just a guage variation from regular Nickel Rockers. Heavy bottom.

5. kram21

kram21 Member

my favorite stings period; to me they are not as bright as others[which i desire]

6. Krank

Krank Member

After stringing a handful of guitars with these, I must say I've begun to like them. I do think being flatwound they feel slightly different from what I was used to.

7. flyingvees

flyingvees Member

I have been with GHS burnished nickels forever but alas they are expensive even with a deal so I am changing to Dean Markley Jimi's

8. A440

A440 Silver Supporting Member

I tried Nickel Rockers a number of yrs ago.

I'm curious about the new D'Addario nickels. If they're anything like the PRS strings, I might like them.