GIANT delay and reverb pedals

BakerySpecial

Silver Supporting Member
Is ambiant guitar music really that hot? I mean, what are you using these big expensive delays and reverbs for? I can't think of a setting where I would ever use such an effect, or actually saw one used live, so I'm curious... Whats the draw? :huh

sksmith66

you must not listen to much post rock or indie rock. those guys love delay and reverb. love it.

I'd rather have a giant reverb and two good dirt boxes on my board than 5 or 6 dirt boxes and no reverb like I see on so many TGP boards. just personal preference.

gerraguitar

If it has the sound you want then it'll get obtained.

On the other hand, a great reverb and/or delay can really get the creative juices flowing.

BakerySpecial

Silver Supporting Member
you must not listen to much post rock or indie rock. those guys love delay and reverb. love it.
I do, and I totally get that basic delay and reverb have their place in popular music... But what I hear 90% of the time can be achieved with a simple reverb or delay pedal. Why the huge feature packed pedals like Space, Timeline, Blue Sky?

I would love some suggestions on popular songs that make use of the deeper features these pedals have.

Cgkindler

Praise and Worship is the other HUGE user of massive ambient tones.

I've got the Timeline and the Bigsky and use these huge sounds all the time.

It also helps a guitarist produce the tones of a good keyboard pad, like something that has infinite sustain so long as the keyboardist keeps the keys pressed down - only using a guitar for it.

Also it's a TON of fun to loop huge sounds underneath a fun solo/noodle. :)

tbeltrans

[comments deleted]

It also helps a guitarist produce the tones of a good keyboard pad, like something that has infinite sustain so long as the keyboardist keeps the keys pressed down - only using a guitar for it.

Also it's a TON of fun to loop huge sounds underneath a fun solo/noodle. :)
These are exactly it for me, especially the keyboard pads using guitar.

Tony

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
Id say it has a lot to do with as said above in achieving keyboard like tones...without a keyboardist. its extremely handy in a studio, as well as live. It all leads to sonic creativity

rotlung

I basically only use delays and one clean boost with some amp reverb. I play alternative rock, nothing too spacey or ambient, although we do drench certain lead lines.

erksin

Everybody knows for the bestest reverb tones you need a pedal almost as big as your amp:

I don't own an overdrive pedal and have no use for one, why do people buy them? What's the draw?

lhama

If it sound good, then why not? Some people just need a guitar, an amp and a cable. Some people need abig board full of tricks.

ufo~

I do, and I totally get that basic delay and reverb have their place in popular music... But what I hear 90% of the time can be achieved with a simple reverb or delay pedal. Why the huge feature packed pedals like Space, Timeline, Blue Sky
Why Mt. Everest? Why the pyramids? Or the moon?

Because they're there. Why not?

GreenKnight18

I have a big Moogerfooger 104M Delay. I love its versatility and the ability to get some crazy ass LFO wig out sounds.

I also like bigger pedals.

JesterR

Sometimes you use not just because you need it, just because you like it. After Brad Paisley board, I stopped judging people for fancy boards. If it sounds good, if it feels good, then, go ahead.

Trending Topics