gibby B-25

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by gravy, Jan 20, 2008.

1. gravy

gravy Member

anyone play one? likes/dislikes? played one recently and felt amazing in my hands. what do these go for? just "student" models or quality sounds? She has the hooks in me.:D

2. plunderpot

plunderpot Supporting Member

I have one and I love it. It was my great-grandmother's - still has the original case and receipt (!!). $106 in 1967 if I remember correctly... :D It's a great sound.

Best,

J

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

it's indeed a "student" guitar, but unlike the similar-sized lg-0 or nearly identical lg-1, the b-25 had real x-bracing, making it a better sounding guitar.

4. Bullhonky Deluxe

Bullhonky Deluxe Member

I own one and it sounds great, records very well. Nice size for around the house or travel as well.

5. gravy

gravy Member

great info walterw...the size just feels so right. not schooled on the tone characteristics of brace patterns but this little thing just sings top to bottom. it does have 2 cracks on the top that run from the soundhole to the lower bout. they are parallel and @ 2-3 inches apart. looks to have been glued. any other models to look for in this size/brace pattern?