• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gibby question: COA content.

So, since I have a big birthday coming up, I am authorized for a large purchase. I'm thinking something sexy from Wildwood such as a LP 59' reish, or one of the 'Wildwood Spec' jobbies.

However, a buddy of mine has a 59' reish that he 'just doesn't play', and I have 1st shot at it.

Questions:
-I think HE paid around $3700 for it (about a year ago), and he'd want all that money back.
-I'm in hell trying to figure out the serial number; it makes very little sense (and yes, I'm on Gibby's site...) But I'd like to know where it was made, etc.

But my REAL question is:

Inside the COA jacket, it reads 'LP '59 Faded Ice Tea 1 off'. Anyone have ANY idea what that should mean?

Ron

Figure one part out:

1) HISTORIC '50s SOLIDBODIES, EXAMPLE: 7 1001 (1957 Goldtop)
-the first digit represents the year being reissued (1957)
-the 2nd digit represents the year the guitar was made (2001)
-the remaining 3 (or sometimes 4) digits represent the guitar's place in the sequence of '50s solidbodies produced that year.

I'm in the 'sometimes 4' category.

Jeez, you'd think they'd make it simple. Consistently inconsistent.

clint

7 1001 could also be a 2011 R7. You can usually tell by the type of COA it comes with.
Based on the description, it could have been a custom order. Ether way, "LP '59 Faded Ice Tea 1 off" on the COA won't in and of itself make the guitar more valuable than any other regular run R9.

Johnnytone

Silver Supporting Member
If he paid $3700 for a new R9 only last year, he got a good deal.

I wouldn't give him all that back unless it was the greatest guitar in the world. But I am cheap and would never pay a premium for a flame top over a plain top.

No, it's not new. But it's CLEAN. It could be sold as new and noone would know.

Bad phone picture. Light was low, so didn't get it non-blurry:

cherrick

You would be hard pressed to get that guitar anywhere else for less than the guy is asking. Maybe a couple hundo here or there but not significantly less, especially since the COA accompanies the guitar.

I think it's a 1-off on the faded ice tea because the dominant color is up in the small bouts and hardly more than a ring in the lower bout and butt (on the top). I believe the more typical Faded Ice Tea had more dominant color on the top. Not that big a diff but some.

https://www.google.com/search?num=1...cp.r_qf.&fp=1788ca4df69618c7&biw=1193&bih=588

WildWood only sais 'A 1 off is a good thing!' No further comment...typical.

Still waiting to hear back from Gibson, but I think I'll be amazed if I do hear from them.

Doug's Tubes

Platinum Supporting Member
So, since I have a big birthday coming up, I am authorized for a large purchase. I'm thinking something sexy from Wildwood such as a LP 59' reish, or one of the 'Wildwood Spec' jobbies.

However, a buddy of mine has a 59' reish that he 'just doesn't play', and I have 1st shot at it.

Questions:
-I think HE paid around $3700 for it (about a year ago), and he'd want all that money back.
-I'm in hell trying to figure out the serial number; it makes very little sense (and yes, I'm on Gibby's site...) But I'd like to know where it was made, etc.

But my REAL question is:

Inside the COA jacket, it reads 'LP '59 Faded Ice Tea 1 off'. Anyone have ANY idea what that should mean?

Ron
To me a 'one off' means it's the only one that was built..........that would be pretty cool, oh and that is a beauty!

Trending Topics