Gibson 2017...

myke232

Gibson hasn't even updated their website with the 2017 electric line yet. How lame is that!? Most companies update in late 2016... now here it is in 2017 and it's still not updated, yet they have been for sale for months...

griggsterr

Gold Supporting Member
I will be at NAMM in a couple weeks.
I will let you know. IF they let people in
For a few years Gibson would not let anyone who didn't have a special pass into their booth.
Although the last 2 years it was open.
Maybe they will have a nice Goldtop 57 that I can whack away on.

lugnut111

Considering how much emphasis Gibson puts on "branding" these days, you would think they would have the internet thing figured out by now. Oddly, they are actually pretty good with social media at different events.

myke232

^^ Musician's Friend?! Please...

That doesn't show you definitively all models that will be available. And it doesn't show you the detailed specs, dimensions, pickup info etc. etc. that the Gibson site provides....

At Namm Gibson has for the last few years, hold their custom shop stuff with special artists at another location in LA. I think it could be the Beverly Hils Hotel or similar. That is what I heard on the floor at the convention center last year.

Synex7254

My guess is they're waiting for NAMM.

They did this the last few years...not update their website until just before Winter NAMM. If memory serves I think the Memphis line was updated just before Summer NAMM. It's all marketing. They begin to release new models to get the word started while they ramp up manufacturing.

Walk into most GCs and you'll still see mostly 2016 and earlier models on the walls (there's still a lot of '13 and '14 Custom Shop pieces on the walls in my area). No advantage in pushing what's new when your predominant sales channel is still stuffed with what's old.

Last edited:

myke232

Walk into most GCs and you'll still see mostly 2016 and earlier models on the walls (there's still a lot of '13 and '14 Custom Shop pieces in my area). No advantage in pushing what's new when your predominant sales channel is still stuffed with what's old.
Yeah, and I think they have some of the '17s in the back but won't put them out yet. The GC site said they had them in stock at a specific store, but they claimed they didn't have any...

DSJr

Anyone know if the classic HP has the molded groove on the back? That green guitar is damn beautiful!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom