• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gibson '57 classic pickup question

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Hey, does anybody know if the '57 classics have different outputs for the bridge and neck. In other words, is the bridge wound a little hotter than the neck? If not, has anyone checked out the '57 classic plus? What do you think? Thanks.

Aslan

I have the 57 classic/57 classic+ combination in my Gibson 57 Goldtop, SG3 and SG Custom for the very reason your asking. The 57+ has more output and therefore matches very well the 57 in the neck position. I have tried multiple pickups (seymour duncans, WCR, dimarrzio, etc) and keep coming back to the 57 classics, they just sound amazing.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I have the 57 classic/57 classic+ combination in my Gibson 57 Goldtop, SG3 and SG Custom for the very reason your asking. The 57+ has more output and therefore matches very well the 57 in the neck position. I have tried multiple pickups (seymour duncans, WCR, dimarrzio, etc) and keep coming back to the 57 classics, they just sound amazing.

I am in complete agreement.

GuiltySpark

I bought a 57/57+ combo to tide me over till I could afford WCRs for my Epi LP. I stopped shopping, they nailed what I was after. Great pups!

jamison162

I do not like the 57's, at least compared to my WCR's. Every guitar I've played with 57's have sounded kind of blah. Guess I'm used to the openess and complexity of Jim's pickups.

Trending Topics