Gibson Acoustic Guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Isaiah4Autumn, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

Had question for all out there in the gear page network...

I was wondering if any of you have had any experience -/+ with ordering custom guitars from Gibson or just anything from Gibson?

Now I know you can't deal with directly but maybe through a dealer and they told you Gibson was lagging, etc. and that's why your guitar was not finished.

I ask this because I have had a Gibson Acoustic on order since August of 2007!!!:bkw I was wondering if anyone could offer up some advice on what I should do and how to go about it? :confused:

Thanks

2. mscbizjaybird

mscbizjaybird Member

Which specific model... there are several on line regulars with good selection and prices- not yours truly- and parts on the country where only Martin seems to be the preferred acoustic, making Gibson acoustics plentiful and bargains.

3. MikeB_18

MikeB_18 Member

Seems like an awful long time, have you checked with your dealer to see what's up? I thought normal turn around on custom ordered Gibson acoustics was about 6-8 weeks.

4. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

J-185 EC vintage sunburst....

Yes...I did talk to my dealer and the guy I bought it from was giving me the runaround so I went over his head and talked to the person in charge of special orders...He told me my order got lost in cyber space and that he managed to get one coming for me.

Should I just let this situation go and should I raise hell? :mob
    You know; write a letter to Gibson Corp. or my dealer? Suggestions please!!!!:bkw

5. Ogre

Ogre Member

6. Isaiah4Autumn

Isaiah4Autumn Member

I just got a call from my dealer and they got it in!!!!!!!

thanks for the suggestions!