Gibson Announces Billy Gibbons Goldtop

edwarddavis

Silver Supporting Member
Common, it's got three knobs and show me a picture of billy gibbons playing anything similar . I love les Paul's, but why would any sane person waste their money on this

PGrant

Is the body/neck chambered like alot of his les pauls? Because that would be interesting I think.

Corinthian

Common, it's got three knobs and show me a picture of billy gibbons playing anything similar . I love les Paul's, but why would any sane person waste their money on this
Well there's a picture of him holding something similar on the product page. But I don't think that means a great deal; the guy must have thousands of guitars and they can't all have significance.

No, I wouldn't buy one either, but I do think it's cool.

nasonm

Silver Supporting Member
I love the look of it, and love the music of Mr. Gibbons but I'll pass as well. I already have trouble paying ONE mortgage.

Guinness Lad

Considering he never used anything like that I don't get it. Lots of the tunes were recorded with a hardtail strat from what I have read, and his main Les Paul is a Sunburst.

Guinness Lad

Never knew, saw him in 81' all he used was pearly gates and maybe some other things here and there, don't remember the gold one at all.

majorminor

Gold Supporting Member
So how is this wired up? A blender pot between the 2 pickups and a global volume and tone?