Gibson CS 336 - I'm curious about the chambering.

I am curious about the chambering dimensions on the Gibson cs 336. Are there any xrays or pics of the chambered body before the top is put on? According to the Gibson web site, the top is also carved in the chambered areas before installation. I'm wondering if it's similar to the chambering on the Hamer Talladega Pro.

Anyone have any pics?

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
hmm, it looks like a semi-hollowbody... does it really matter exactly how its chambered?
Here on TGP, everything matters. Hey, I actually own one, and I'm now curious about about this! It may not make any functional difference, but I'd still like to know as well…..just because.

Here on TGP, everything matters. Hey, I actually own one, and I'm now curious about about this! It may not make any functional difference, but I'd still like to know as well…..just because.
It's just a matter of curiosity. I understand they are made by routing out the chambers in a solid mahogany body. Hamer used this same method on a number of their guitars, such as the talladega models, Newports, Artists, and the Monaco guitars, excluding the Monaco elite. Gibson is also using the process on their cloud 9 Les Paul's, as well as others.

With the Talladega, Jol Dantzig said Hamer used a device that measured the vibration frequencies of the guitar top to precisely tune the shape and size of the chambering. I'm wondering if Gibson has done the same with their chambered guitars. Here on TGP people were xraying their Gustavvson(sp?) guitars to see if they were weight relieved or not. I'd like to see the size and shape of the chambers in the 336, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Digidog

I own one myself, and I´ve often wondered about what the body looks like. I´ve felt inside the f-holes with my fingers, but cannot detect the shape and estimated size of the cavity because the f-hole´s shape restricts hand movement.

An x-ray of the body would be fun to see, so if anyone can persuade the staff at some medical institution to go through with a shoot, that would be cool.

I´ll see what I can find out.

I own one myself, and I´ve often wondered about what the body looks like. I´ve felt inside the f-holes with my fingers, but cannot detect the shape and estimated size of the cavity because the f-hole´s shape restricts hand movement.

An x-ray of the body would be fun to see, so if anyone can persuade the staff at some medical institution to go through with a shoot, that would be cool.

I´ll see what I can find out.
That would be terrific. Thanks.

Trending Topics