Gibson Custom R0 Historic Les Paul Special....Hamer gone!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by tthompso7, Jan 23, 2006.

1. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

I been looking for one of these for a while.... Finally found one I liked and jumped at it. They come up every so often on ebay but I really wanted to play one first. Sad to see my Hamer (Korina Jr) go but the LP Special has more options with two P90's. So far I'm loving this the crunch and sustain... Very similar tones. The Hamer's P90 might have had a bit more punch.

Hello!

[​IMG]

GOODBYE...

[​IMG]

2. dzeitlin

dzeitlin Member

She's a beauty Ted!:AOK

3. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

Gibson is really nice looking, and I hope your Hamer went to a good home. I so badly wanted to buy Arnie Z's a couple of months back...

Congrats.

4. HeeBGB

HeeBGB Member

If the Gibson is a 1960 Historic......wouldn't it be a double cut? I thought specials were double cut by 57 or 58. I am certainly no expert and I could be wrong! It IS a VERY nice guitar nonetheless!

5. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

They make both SC and DC historic reissues. The DC has a 60's slim taper neck and the SC has a 59 round neck...

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/lespauls/60Special_SC/1960SpecialSC.html

6. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

You're right. Who knows what Gibson's thinking on that one. Unless it's that they just call both Specials (single and double cut) 1960s and both Juniors 1957s. That's not really histiorically accurate though. It would make more sense to have a 57 Special and 57 Jr, both single cut, and a 60 Special and 60 Jr, both double cut. Oh well, I love my Historic Special Single no matter what they chose to call it. :D

7. currypowder

currypowder Silver Supporting Member

Phil M,

I am the happy recipient of Arnie Z's Hamer Korina Jr. It's definately a keeper. It's the only 1 pu guitar I have and it really has a great tone and rings incredibe unplugged.

Greg

8. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

Got one of those myself. Resonant devils, aren't they. More versatile than a one pickup is supposed to be, and those chords really ring out! Enjoy. AC

9. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

Actually, it's just the other way around. I own a R0 LP Special DC w/ Lollar P90s and I think it's amazing! I would have thought I'd miss the beefy necks, but I dig the 60's slim taper stuff, it really allows you to fly on the fretboard (and I've got big hands too).

10. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

err I meant the SC has the 59 Round neck. How do you like the Lollars?