• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gibson Customshop P90s-Help me choose between these two models.

tonepolice

I am stuck between the Historic R4 Les Paul and the Historic 57 Les Paul Junior for my choice in a P-90s guitar.

For those with experience with these two models which one would you recommend over the other for a classic P-90 guitar? Thankyou.

Strat-O

You need to play them before you buy. The 54 with the wraparound bridge responds more like a Telecaster...with a Gibson scale. String tension feels different from an ABS bridge setup like the R6. Its too much money to spend without trying them first...in my opinion.

tonepolice

Strat-o I agree with you. But, check my location, I am in the middle of the Himalayan mountains in Kathmandu, Nepal. Ordering through the internet is the only option I have so I have to trust the words of people here on this forum before i decide which one. Thanks again.

mainsale

My R4 is a marvelous guitar but nothing like a Telecaster. I also have a VOS LP Junior that is also a wonderful guitar as well. You are on a win/win track. The junior is lighter and maybe easier to play and has a more aggressive tone which is great for "gutbucket" blues. The R4 might be a bit more sophisticated, bigger, and heavier with a slightly richer tone. Right now I find myself reaching for the junior more often but I have zero plans to sell the R4.

Tuco

My R4 is a marvelous guitar but nothing like a Telecaster. I also have a VOS LP Junior that is also a wonderful guitar as well. You are on a win/win track. The junior is lighter and maybe easier to play and has a more aggressive tone which is great for "gutbucket" blues. The R4 might be a bit more sophisticated, bigger, and heavier with a slightly richer tone. Right now I find myself reaching for the junior more often but I have zero plans to sell the R4.

LP Special, n'est-ce pas?

Fixxxer

I am not a fan of the wrap around tailpiece, its a big reason I reluctantly sold my tele.

Trending Topics