Gibson ES-275

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by flume, Jan 26, 2012.

1. flume

flume Gold Supporting Member

After far too long...and I don't know why I didn't check this to begin with...it turns out that P90s will in fact work with the existing routes which I thought would only accommodate humbuckers. So in goes a set of Mojotone vintage wind P90s. It is clearly a superior arrangement:

[​IMG]

2. Stringmaster

Stringmaster Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I love that guitar--yes, with the P90's!

3. kracdown

kracdown Custom User Title Gold Supporting Member

Played a vintage ES-295 for the first time the other week... now I am even MORE jealous of your collection.

4. DarklordUK

DarklordUK Member

Looks awesome. You never see em in green either. such an amazing collection..

5. erksin

erksin Member

Up until about 18 months ago, I'd have been one of the dudes calling BS on the tailpiece thing - then I got myself a LP Special with a wraptail. And what you say regarding your 295 floater definitely holds true for me too - there is an immediately identifiable ring and resonance that happens when all six strings are directly coupled to a single bar. And intonation is not an issue - it's more intonateable than an acoustic and you don't hear people constantly complaining about those not intonating properly, right?

Beautiful guitars man! :beer

6. tjmicsak

tjmicsak Member

Who sells those wrap around tailpieces?
    Anyone?

I'm considering removing my Bigsby if there is a source for a repro.

7. flume

flume Gold Supporting Member

Just back from band practice...and it will definitely see live action on Thursday in DC....with P90s it just comes to life. More articulation and with judicious use of volume knobs with both pickups on, a world of shading is available in tone choices. And it looks right too...dunnit?