gibson es 345 vintage type inlays ?

ssdeluxe

HI fine people of tgp, I thought I would ask the experts here: where can I find replica gibson es 345 split parallelogram inlays ? (the old looking marbled nitrate/cellulose/acetate...whatever it is :)

I would appreciate any leads as to who makes these
thank you!

tamader74

You probably wouldn't want them pre-cut/used, etc., anyway...as with time your guitars fret-board shrinks and expands and wouldn't be without issues if you installed the inlays yourself most likely (product used sometimes need mixed). There are Tech.'s out there that can get this done for you quite reasonably...I don't know your location, as you might have to ship it out to get it done.

The last I knew Gibson didn't use 'true' Paua, etc., they used pieces and glue to make a 'Mix' to set...So I would start with a authorized Gibson repair shop (such as Lay's Music Shop in Ohio),...I did know that Elderly's in Lansing, Mi. does this type of repair,...the biggie is to make it look 'untouched', and as playable/'nice' feeling as it always was.

Hope this Helps. Tom

ssdeluxe

thanks tamader ! actually, these will be going in a new guitar build, I wonder if its ok then to have them pre-maid ? (why not eh ? )

Trending Topics