• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gibson has been having to send out replacement nuts on 2015 guitars, also sending out flawed nuts.

Guy I know online just received this in the mail to replace his defect. There was also a notice saying that the replacement nuts are only prototypes.

73Fender

That's sad. Makes their previous nuts look like the best thing ever.

How long until those cheap looking plastic tuners bite the dust?

dewey decibel

Filing a nut is easily one of the most subtle and difficult things to master when setting up a guitar. The idea that they want you to install a nut with only two options for adjustment should already tell you there's a problem. Unless they expect the end user (who you have to assume isn't a guitar tech) to file each metal slot. The whole thing deserves a giant face palm...

Mr. Mukuzi O

they need to slow production down and stop making hardware the cheapest it can be.

I should take photos of my Les Paul, File marks under the finish, super rushed sanding on the neck fretboard join and tatty glue under the finish.
the thing plays and sounds great but hey, QC is lacking in a concerning way

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
they need to slow production down and stop making hardware the cheapest it can be.

I should take photos of my Les Paul, File marks under the finish, super rushed sanding on the neck fretboard join and tatty glue under the finish.
the thing plays and sounds great but hey, QC is lacking in a concerning way
I have seen it with my own eyes brother. Had a 335 that was a pile of crap. The thing is the nut problem is so fixable without this brass nut and auto tune crap. What a waste of money.

Bradleyonmic

I love how small builders and large ones of guitars, pedals, amps, and everything come on TGP and address problems and concerns. It is like the best advertisement you can get IMO. I haven't heard of Gibson trying to resolve problems here or anywhere in a "nip it in the bud" type fashion. I know they're huge, and it would take some effort, but it sure takes some effort to earn the $3-4,000 to buy the guitar that turns out to be a p. o. s. now dosent it? I can't think of a faster way to start repairing their image. Well, besides giving Henry, the CEO a pink slip maybe. lol

SPSurgeon

The strange thing is that not all Gibsons production line guitars seem to have the littany of issues that we're all complaining about. After 2LP standards, a 339 and 2 335s, all with finish/manufacture/setup issues I got a really nice '11 Traditional. Really nice. Fretboard is perfect, binding colour all matches, finish is nice. Stays in tune. Just a fluke that i got it, but there is no way i'm letting it go.
I guess every now and then a good one slips out.

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
Guy I know online just received this in the mail to replace his defect. There was also a notice saying that the replacement nuts are only prototypes.

I called the Gibson 800# and talked to Customer Service about my orig. brass zero fret having gotten scored by the strings and it had small grooves in it for the low E to G strings. They took my name and address and FedEx'd me a new Nickel Zero Fret - had it in 2 business days. There was no paper work at all in the zip top plastic bag the new zero fret was in - no notice that it was a prototype, no nothing, just the new replacement Nickel Zero Fret - I had to move the allen screws from the orig. brass one to the new one to re-set the height and complete the change. I now have the G Force unit not able to complete the Master Re-Set process - it will not do step #3 of that set of instructions - the dealer/shop I got it from said Gibson wanted the customer to call them about that, when I called about the defective G Force, the Gibson Customer Service guy told me that the Dealer/store had to contact them about it - the customer is just the monkey in the middle - the Dealer is calling them to get a new G Force that will hopefully be able to go through it's re-set steps. Just might keep the new unit in a box and install a set of Klusons on the guitar and be done with it.

Deed_Poll

I called the Gibson 800# and talked to Customer Service about my orig. brass zero fret having gotten scored by the strings and it had small grooves in it for the low E to G strings. They took my name and address and FedEx'd me a new Nickel Zero Fret - had it in 2 business days. There was no paper work at all in the zip top plastic bag the new zero fret was in - no notice that it was a prototype, no nothing, just the new replacement Nickel Zero Fret - I had to move the allen screws from the orig. brass one to the new one to re-set the height and complete the change. I now have the G Force unit not able to complete the Master Re-Set process - it will not do step #3 of that set of instructions - the dealer/shop I got it from said Gibson wanted the customer to call them about that, when I called about the defective G Force, the Gibson Customer Service guy told me that the Dealer/store had to contact them about it - the customer is just the monkey in the middle - the Dealer is calling them to get a new G Force that will hopefully be able to go through it's re-set steps. Just might keep the new unit in a box and install a set of Klusons on the guitar and be done with it.
That's appalling, I hope you get it figured out.

Trending Topics