Gibson Historic Parts recommendation

melvins

Silver Supporting Member
I recently picked up a Les Paul G0 and the jackplate is cracked. Started looking them up and crap, expensive for a piece of plastic!

Are there other/decent alternatives to buying Gibson replacement parts? For Historics? Considering just going nickel if I can't find anything else reasonable.

Thanks

Callaway 1

Cream Tone has some pretty decent stuff as well, I've played the cracked jack plate game before which happened on a job one night now every new or used one I have gets a nickel plate and the plastic one can live in the case.

Last edited:

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Another vote for MojoAxe. I use their jack plates on my Historics.

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
I recently picked up a Les Paul G0 and the jackplate is cracked. Started looking them up and crap, expensive for a piece of plastic!

Are there other/decent alternatives to buying Gibson replacement parts? For Historics? Considering just going nickel if I can't find anything else reasonable.

Thanks
I'd go nickel. I just refuse to engage in the Historic Gibson plastic craze. It starts with a little jack plate, and a few months later you're paying $200 for a pickup ring...

27sauce

I switch to a metal plate the day I get a historic. I break the plastic ones within a couple of weeks. Just easier to go metal off the bat.

Jason_77

I have the Creamtone plate and it's very nice. the opening for the jack is a very snug fit so you don;t have to worry about it wiggling loose. It's just snug enough that you actually have to thread the jack through the opening; it doesn't just slip through. If you don't care about historical accuracy, you really can't beat a nickel plate.

Callaway 1

I switch to a metal plate the day I get a historic. I break the plastic ones within a couple of weeks. Just easier to go metal off the bat.
That and strap locks it's amazing to me that Gibby equips the metal plates locks on some of it's high end guits like Pearly Gates and a few others but not the rest of the line. I kind of lost that "Historic" feeling at the sound of that SOB cracking and having to duct tape the cord onto the guitar just to finish the job.

Trending Topics