Gibson Howard Roberts Fusion?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gkelm, Jul 4, 2006.

1. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Thinking about trying another semi-hollow again. I've had a Yamaha SA800 & SA2200 (that was a great guitar). Noticed this model in the GP issue a few months bach that featured Alex Lifeson. So the HR Fusion can rock, eh? Big Howe fan from way back, but not sure a 175 is "me"...but this seems more interesting. What else can you tell me about it?
    Thanks.
    Greg

2. PFCG

PFCG Member

a buddy of mine had one and it was the best gibson ive ever heard or seen, and i hate gibsons

3. Marty s Horne

Marty s Horne Member

I tried one years ago and the main thing I remember is the neck felt really nice.

4. OldNo.7

OldNo.7 Member

I have one and I love it. Mine is an older version with the TP-6 tailpiece with fine tuners for each string. I believe its the same tailpiece as the BB King guitar. The new ones have the 6 finger tailpiece. I like the look of the TP-6 more. There were other changes too, like the position of the 3-way toggle switch. I haven't had the chance to play a newer version to see how it would compare to mine.

I will never sell mine. They are great guitars. They CAN rock! Another HR Fusion player that hasn't been mentioned yet is Ted Nugent. He played them for a couple years after he stopped playing Byrdlands.

OldNo.7

5. dudeunitx5000

dudeunitx5000 Senior Member

Since you really like Steve Howe I suggest the Heritage H575. It has that sound but is just a little different from what most folks play.

6. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

Thanks guys...appreciate the input.

7. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

Did you see the one for sale in the Emporium? Not mine, just an FYI...

8. shoe

shoe Member

Great guitar. Used to gig with one for years until I got a PRS ATII. Honestly, I think the Howard Roberts was a better guitar!

I also had mine modded with piezo bridge saddles wired to a stereo output jack. Wish I had that one back...