Gibson J180 Everly Brothers Acoustic Guitar

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by motorcitychick, Dec 3, 2017.

1. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I have been looking high and low for a dealer who may have one of the Gibson J180 Everly Brothers edition acoustic guitar. Anyone know of a dealer that might have one?

2. BigAl

BigAl Supporting Member

I feel like I saw one of these recently but just checked all the guitar shop websites I regularly peruse and do not see one. Here are a few that are close. Good luck with your search!

Similar to the Everly Brothers J-180 there is a Billy Joe Armstrong J-180 on Reverb but it is located in Norway.
    https://reverb.com/item/6214607-gibson-j-180-billie-joe-2013-ebony

Lark Street has a J-185 with dual pickguards but it is a Harley Davidson branded model (can't seem to link directly but go to Gibson Flat Top on the menu).
    http://www.larkstreetmusic.com/stock.html

3. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

Gibson should come out with a Darius Rucker signature model. He plays this guitar at all of his live shows.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I will be at the Namm Show next month and I will stop by the Gibson booth and talk to one of their reps about this guitar. Last year
    Gibson was showing one at Namm, but I didn't stop to talk to a rep about it. Big mistake on my part. Thanks for the help.

5. davess23

davess23 Member

Good luck with the search. I wonder if they can be had with the Everly fingerboard stars and headstock but without those two huge pickguards...I know that's what the originals had, but geez, I'm not that heavy with the pick.

6. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

You see I would want both pickguards because without them the guitar looks very plain and simple.