• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gibson L-5. Neck shape.

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
They do vary a bit. Most of the contemporary ones I've played have felt nothing like a 50s neck. They were not as beefy from front to back.

i ve seen various type necks on l5s. better try or ask about the particular one before you buy.

59burst

Platinum Supporting Member
^^ Agreed. My old L5CT (from the 90's) had a very thin neck. My buddy's more recent one has a nice full rounded C shaped neck, but it is not as thick as my R8. I have a L5 Signature that has a medium neck (thinner than my buddy's L5CT) with a bit more shoulder than a C shape.

You should play the one you have in mind, if possible, or get a detailed description.

Trending Topics