• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Gibson Les Paul Studio: Model with No Fretboard Inlays?

JackedEagle

I'm trying to get some more info on a 2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio with no inlays on the fretboard. Is there a name for this specific Studio model? The one I'm looking at, locally for $700, has a transparent orange finish and maybe an ebony fretboard? Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:

JackedEagle

Yes, that looks like it. I don't know why I thought the EMGs would be original. Was there some kind of different model name where you found that pic, or just "Studio"?

The no-inlay fretboard seems pretty unique for a Les Paul, besides the Buckethead signature. That's why I was interested in it. I've never owned a guitar without inlays. Not sure if there is a learning curve for that or not. :confused:

Meals

Yes, that looks like it. I don't know why I thought the EMGs would be original. Was there some kind of different model name where you found that pic, or just "Studio"?

The no-inlay fretboard seems pretty unique for a Les Paul, besides the Buckethead signature. That's why I was interested in it. I've never owned a guitar without inlays. Not sure if there is a learning curve for that or not. :confused:

Very simple. I have several without inlays. There are still dots on the side of the fretboard if you need them.

zach715

Gold Supporting Member
They were called Studio "Limited Colours".
4 metallic colors. Yellow, Blue, Teal/Green, and the Orange you are looking at. They have ebony boards with no inlays. Standard 499/498 pickups.
Sort of a preview to the Platinum line to come the following year.
They are great playing guitars if you like ebony. I have one of each. I'd highly recommend them. Anywhere under $800 in good shape sounds fair enough. Remember the emg's aren't stock nor for everyone and decrease value to some extent.
Good Luck!

monty

The BFG line don't have dots either IIRC.
Anyway, I have a couple guitars without them, thought it would be a problem but I don't even really notice it. No side markers would be a different story though!

vbf

Gold Supporting Member
The BFG line don't have dots either IIRC.
Anyway, I have a couple guitars without them, thought it would be a problem but I don't even really notice it. No side markers would be a different story though!
Correct, the BFG's didn't.

Chadi

Bump! So, why didn’t you buy it? Curious cuz I own it now and launched a discussion on it on another board. I love it, but I wanted EMG pickups too.

Trending Topics