Gibson LP Special fell off the chair

Coolidge

Gold Supporting Member
I google searched "Fender headstock break" just now, all I get in the search results are Gibson headstock break hits.

VooDooClown

Gold Supporting Member
Wow OP! That's some kind of good luck you got going on there.
Hope you bought some lottery tickets yesterday as well.:aok

Check closely for cracks, and pay attention to your tuning. Happy your guitar wasn't broken.

And buy a stand already!

tastylicks

OP here. Thanks for all the "buy a stand" advice but I'm good already. I just set the axe down for a second on the chair, as the stand was full at that moment. But here is the guitar back safe and sound in a hercules stand no less.

Darkburst

One of my R9’s fell face first on a hardwood floor after I stupidly leaned it up against the wall. The nut chipped but nothing else broke or cracked. Learned my lesson though.

Benderp

Don't worry, the damage is on the inside.

A small jostle in the future will see it shear right off.

Seriously, I'm glad you dodged the bullet. Now, buy a damned stand for the thing. You can only taunt the Gibson gods so many times before they bite you . . . on the headstock.
Like tooth enamel.

Surgeon

Since I’ve read some of you call them “detacheable”, I started removin the headstocks on my les paul before I play them, inly to put them back on when the guitars go back in their cases. That way I avoid many problems and never encountered a break since... thanks tgp!

Trending Topics