• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Gibson must be stepping up their game

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Platinum Supporting Member
I picked up this 2019 Gibson Les Paul Special this week. Its used, lightly used.

I got it home today and did my normal setup routine on it. I was pleasantly surprised to achieve a great, low action and near perfect intonation. The fretwork is perfect...although I believe its plecked.

The neck it a full, beefy 50s carve...it feels awesome. The rosewood board is nice and dark...with some really nice streaking in it.

The pickups sound GREAT. The pots have great taper.

Its a great playing guitar! Wonderful tone to boot!

SP4 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

SP3 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

SP2 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_2804 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

SP6 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

marshall2553

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats! I’m going to break down and buy one of those eventually. I’ve been waiting for a CS Special to pop up at a decent price but there just aren’t many out there.

BeeTL

Platinum Supporting Member
Did you have that truss rod cover made?

If so, that's brilliant!

Coopster

Agreed. I picked up one of the '19 LP Classics recently and it's my favorite Les Paul ever and I've owned a few. Quickly becoming my go to. Congrats!

Also...really digging the display in pic one and desperately want to steal the idea.

megawzrd

Grats! I want one of these bad. All the ones I have played in shop seem stellar. That neck, wrap tailpiece, and p90s...magic sauce.

Last edited:

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought the same guitar from a forumite last night. I have high hopes! Always wanted TV Yellow and I'm a big fan of the Gibson P90. I didn't even ask about the neck carve but 50's sounds perfect. I will be comparing it to my R4 Black Beauty so super tough competition, but the Black Beauty never comes out to gigs. I think the 2019 Special has enough great reviews to be my second #1 gigging machine (next to my MJT Tele build).
One slight concern is the wraptail, I think a Faber or Mojoaxe tailpiece is going to be a necessity for me... I'm an intonation nazi and even on a killer 1957 RI Historic I had to replace the stock tailpiece with Faber compensated to be happy. Thoughts?

Trending Topics