Gibson R9s.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
Phenomenal guitars. Let's see them.

20200823_211541.jpg

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
Big interest in this thread. I'm seriously considering an R9. R8 is in the equation too - just not sure which direction to go. . .

timibucktwo

6ED16BBF-9527-4839-B801-3852D4918A85.jpeg

‘09 RO with Thro-Bak MXVs, neck measurements 1st fret - .869 / 12th fret - .994, traded an R7 with the legendary too fat neck +cash, didn’t want a ‘60s slim or a baseball bat, this fit the bill nicely & am very happy with it.
* disclaimer* - sorry about posting an R0 instead of an R9, but with the neck measurements I’m almost there ;-)

Last edited:

ferrinbonn

Don't tell the R8 guys, but R9s always seem to sound a little better. Yes I have owned both and love the big R8 neck.....but R9 every day of the week for me. The extra $$ is worth it.
:banana :banana :banana
I'm guessing you're just saying this to stir the pot, but I think the variability between the wood used in each individual guitar is going to be greater than the variability between the two different model years.

Tag

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm guessing you're just saying this to stir the pot, but I think the variability between the wood used in each individual guitar is going to be greater than the variability between the two different model years.

No, I'm serious. Played a ton of both. I think Gibson uses more resonant wood in the R9s.
They always seem to sound better than all the other LPS. Im sure there are exceptions, but it seems to be the case almost every time.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom