• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gibson SG on Ebay....Is this real?!?!

teleking36

My brother is looking for a used SG and loves the 70s models. He came across this and likes it, but I'm suspect of it. I've never seen an SG like this one, and I've been an SG whore for years. I know that some of the 70s SGs are funky, but this one is out there.

Take a look: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=330313117413

What do you think? It also doesn't have a serial number, which makes me more apprehensive about bidding on it.

HRydarcik

It's definitely a Gibby from the 70s...those SGs sucked so bad nobody in their right mind what try making a fake one.:D

Fuchsaudio

A friend of mine had one, back in Junior HS. It was called the SG-Jr or the SG-100. It's a low-budget student model. No reason to think it's not real.

trisonic

Can I just write this: escutcheon plate.
I always wanted to type that. Some SG's look even worse than that...........

Best, Pete.
A lover of real SG's too...........

Stringz

It's definitely a Gibby from the 70s...those SGs sucked so bad nobody in their right mind what try making a fake one.:D
Don't be so sure. The Gibson logo on the headstock can add a lot to the price if you have a lot of bidders who don't know any better.

Most certainly the lowest point in SG-dom. Zero neck angle, and it does look like maple, relegating it to boat anchor status. And WTF are those p.u.s?!?
Like when vice-presidential candidate Gen. Whatshisname said to Dan Quayle: "I knew Jack Kennedy, and your no Jack Kennedy", I say, "I know SG's, and that's no SG" (I'm not saying it's not a gibson, it's just not an SG as it is generally known and loved.

franksguitar

That was a butt ugly version. That whole era of chunky looking SG's, some with plastic control plates on the front, Bigsby's big volute head stocks, and some of the bad Norlin era designs. The sixties and more recent SG's are far nicer.

Trending Topics