Sold Gibson SG Standard 61 w/ Vibrola - 2019

mrunderground

Silver Supporting Member
Selling my 2019 Gibson SG 61 Standard w/Vibrola. Been wanting to try one of these for a while so decided to give it a go. Has the 60's style neck, but not super thin - and weights 7.6 pounds on my bathroom scale. It's a great guitar with some killer vintage style pickups, just decided I wanted to go after after something different. The vibrola gives it a really cool look, though i don't use it much as of course it will mess with the tuning. Comes with hard case (case has one small ding - see last pic) and all case candy. Asking $1500 - covers shipping and paypal fees. I know i'm relatively new here so you can see below for my reverb/eBay feedback.

https://reverb.com/shop/jasons-marvelous-deals
https://www.ebay.com/usr/mrunderground

View media item 195474View media item 195475View media item 195476View media item 195477View media item 195478View media item 195479View media item 195480

Last edited:

mrunderground

Silver Supporting Member
These models have the newer 61R and 61T pickups (I believe these are the same pickups Gibson also uses for the LP Standard 60's line). Honestly was impressed with them - especially as someone that almost always guts out the stock electronics :)

timmers

Silver Supporting Member
These models have the newer 61R and 61T pickups (I believe these are the same pickups Gibson also uses for the LP Standard 60's line). Honestly was impressed with them - especially as someone that almost always guts out the stock electronics :)
Thank you! Looks amazing.

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
I just got one of these. Great guitars. The pickups are freaking awesome. I am one to swap to the cows come home too.

fjs1962

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve got the stoptail version and agree 100% about the 61 pickups, they sound great!

Hugh Honey

Silver Supporting Member
Does the vibrola help with the balance of the guitar? I know that SGs can sometimes be neck heavy.

mrunderground

Silver Supporting Member
I do like the little bit of extra weight it adds at the bottom...on top of it just looking cooler too haha (personal preference)

Trending Topics