1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gibson SG- the last reasonably priced USA guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Sparky6string, May 21, 2011.

1. Sparky6string

Sparky6string Member

And how long until they go up? I saw a nice used SG Special pre faded days at GC for between $500-600, and I've seen this price a lot. It's a soft market right now but still.. This example had a beautiful one piece body. There are deals to be found all over the place these days if you have the money but this one is toward the top IMO. Take advantage if you can!

2. Drowned Rabbit

Drowned Rabbit Black Beauty Beats Burst

I hope they stay low priced. The SG's and the LP Jr's have always been the Gibsons for no-frills players, IMO. The vintage SG's are priced fairly low right now as well. I picked up a 1962 Custom three pickup not too long ago for a lot cheaper than they were going for a few years back.

3. Burruss

Burruss Member

Play any and all that you find. I was pleasantly surprised to find a SG that outdoes any standard you might A/B it with. I am a proud owner of a cheap gibson!