“Gibson Teases A Brand New Guitar Model”

Theodores sold out for $5k?

Huda thunk?
latest-3544658529.gif

I am a Gibson fan and fall into the category of preferring their vintage appointed models. I understand the need for a company to move forward with new design ideas. However, does Gibson ever talk with guitar players to get any feedback? I mean, what the heck is that? o_O

Gibson variants don't seem to sell too well. I'd imagine that's because people buy Gibson largely for their historical context (SG, LP, and ES335 are all tried and true instruments with examples going back 50+ years). Their variants might be great guitars, but there are lots of great guitars out there already. And, here's the big one, those other great guitars are CHEAPER (for what you get anyway) because they're not made in America. If you want a real Les Paul, Gibson is the only one who makes them, so the price is the price. But paying a premium for a Gibson Plainesvillehawk (made up name)? Most would pass.

I am a Gibson fan and fall into the category of preferring their vintage appointed models. I understand the need for a company to move forward with new design ideas. However, does Gibson ever talk with guitar players to get any feedback? I mean, what the heck is that? o_O
Agree.
Can’t stick your head in the sand and never come up with something new.
But the Theodor was like a China copy of something awful and while this one isn’t that bad, it still doesn’t look remotely good…

The string angle above the nut is not ideal with this type of headstock. The tremolo itself doesn't look like a very stable design. C'mon Gibson, try to come up with stuff that works better if it's going to be new stuff.

Not exactly a pretty guitar you instantly fall in love with, but not a complete dog either. The trouble is that there's no shortage of other companies doing this sort of thing and based on this, doing it better.

That's my reaction as well, nothing wrong with it but it's pretty bland looking and not offering anything where there aren't plenty of other companies doing the same thing. Disappointing when you think of things like the Victory and Nighthawk which might not have set the world on fire but were stylishly executed and distinctive concepts.

Am i the only one who likes It? I think It's a cool design and the Theodore was nice too.
Yeah the Les Paul Is iconic and whatever but there Is also a Need for new stuff.
If Novo, Bilt or other "cool boutique" Company made this Guitar i bet every "hater" (Sorry, i hate to use that term) would be drooling over It.
And BTW, i"m not a Gibson Fanboy by any means

I WISH all the classic brands moved forward and released new models but...

I don't want to see Gibson or another brand release another copy of the f u c k i n' strat...enough with the strat!

I would have bought Theodore for 1000€, I really like it aesthetically. Sadly, the cost for new electric guitars is stupid in our days.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom