Gibson Zakk Wylde aged relic..

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by finnster, Aug 1, 2006.

1. finnster

finnster Supporting Member

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have a question regarding the Zakk Wylde aged relic by the Gibson custom shop I am a small collector and bought one as an investment(please dont flame me on this) According to Gibson, they are only making 50 of these Murphy aged guitars. I am hoping that the one I got will grab a nice price in the future...I have serial #1.

To all the collectors: is this a worth while collectors piece or not? I know its not a Jimmy Page model but I am hoping that its limited production run will help out its value. Any thoughts or comments on this? Gibson hasn't even done any kind of press release on these yet. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Down and Out in NYC

Down and Out in NYC Gold Supporting Member

As far as collectability goes who knows. # 1 is cool. Always dug Zakks paul's. Let's see it. PLEASE

3. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

Nice!

Pictures please, so excited to see them!

4. Playloudd308

Playloudd308 Supporting Member

5. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

I think you can't have done too bad with serial #1. No, it's not going to perform like a vintage guitar at the same price until it is a vintage guitar, but if it's a guitar that you enjoy playing and owning and you're a Zakk Wylde fan, you're probably in good shape. Just wait it out and enjoy the guitar for 10 years or so and it just might pick up some steam.

6. Major9

Major9 Supporting Member

I think these are pretty cool as well. But are they actually Murphy's? Do they come with a Murphy cert?

7. rooster

rooster Member

I think it's pretty cool that they got Matt "Guitar" Murphy to play all those certified guitars. Wonder if they will have a "Cropper" relic line...

rooster.

8. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Supporting Member