Gibsons personal inspecton photo is FAKE!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DrainBamage, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

It doesn't mean $h!t to most of us here... we're too busy playing our guitars to care.

frisco kid, Jabberwocky, Gurn and 2 others like this.
  2. Mr. Bertha

Mr. Bertha Member

Yeah Bro. I feel your pain. I had a custom shop les paul back in the day. It played great. Sounded great. Looked great. Every gig I played with it was bigger than the last and there were lines out the door of people who wanted to tell me how rad my toans were. I played a few bars of Politician during sound-check and A&R guys from major labels were sending me bottles of scotch in the mail for weeks after that...and do I even need to mention the co-ed tail I was pulling back then?

My troubles all started once I found that a photo from the shop didn't match the sig on my case candy, the whole thing was ruined for me. That signature screwed with my ability to bend notes to pitch. The toan was just way off. I had to resign myself to playing politician in my basement and the young ladies stopped attending my gigs. After a few suicide attempts and years of AA meetings, I sold that guitar at a huge loss. Collectors were aghast at the discrepancy between the certificate and the photo. In the end I had to sell it for a broken Rubik's cube and a stack of partially punched subway sandwich cards. It was rock bottom, tell-ya-what. If I could go back and return that guitar for one with a proper certificate, I would've. I'd be a household name by now. My music would be in all the Trans-Am commercials and I'd be knee deep in all the classiest groupies.

Don't let what happened to me happen to you, man. You send that guitar back to Gibson with a sternly worded letter and let them know that you're not one of these sheeple who they can pull a fast one on. People's rock stardom is at stake and they've got to reckon with the consequences of their actions.

Keep fighting the good fight, brother. Rock out.

3. Teleplayer

Teleplayer New Mods On The Block Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Maybe some people actually care about QC and honesty?

DrainBamage likes this.
  4. myke232

myke232 Member

Man... he paid good cash for the git, if the photo is supposed to match up it should match up.

Unexplainedbacon and DrainBamage like this.
  5. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

This is so far down on the list of worrying things about Gibson...

Gurn and stonem like this.
  6. Herb Utsmelz

Herb Utsmelz 'Tis what 'tis Supporting Member

And what does a picture of a guitar laying a bench lend to the QC? To prove that it's a real physical object that didn't just appear out of thin air?

Digidog and Ampedusa like this.
  7. Surfreak

Surfreak Member

The point is, if Gibson bothers to put a photo of the actual guitar being inspected on a bench, they do it for a reason, ie they want to show the customer that the guitar in question has been inspected by someone and passed QC.

Nobody asked them for this pic, nobody else does it, it's their choice.

If then the picture turns out to be a stock pic, or it doesn't match with the actual guitar, then this defeats the whole purpose, and it should be criticized.

8. Herb Utsmelz

Must be a USA thing. Never seen it with any CS stuff.

9. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Supporting Member

Me either. When did they start doing this? Seems like a silly, pointless addition.

10. Mr. Bertha

Mr. Bertha Member

What are you insinuating? I care. I care a lot. I care so much I could rend my clothes and shout truth to power from the highest mountain. Gibson's negligence, nay, malicious designs must not pass! Hammurabi once said "an eye for an eye" and I plan to build a very fine guitar and sell it to Gibson with a certificate and a photo of the same guitar near/adjacent to a different certificate. Then! Oh! Then, will the mighty be laid low for their transgressions!

Lt Dak, cj_wattage, Gurn and 7 others like this.
  11. Magnets And Melodies

Magnets And Melodies Member

Or you know... it was just an honest mistake. There are actual human beings working there, not machines.. you know, not completely perfect. As if any of could say we never made any mistakes at work before. What do you expect to get from a thread like this?

Gallery and Mr. Bertha like this.
  12. Teleplayer

From a manufacturing perspective, it can prove a lot of things ... says the man that's a CEO of a manufacturing company who's organization builds nearly everything to mil-spec. We often use videos and pics with our out-of-town (and. more specifically, off-shore) customers.

DrainBamage likes this.
  13. Teleplayer

Riiiiiggghttt.......

DrainBamage likes this.
  14. Mr. Bertha

Mr. Bertha Member

Now who doesn't care about qc? Pfft. Fanbois.

Gurn likes this.
  15. Teleplayer

Not here; I've only owned three Gibsons in my life - all bought used. Last one I had was a '57 Junior (real thing).

16. Herb Utsmelz

Oh, didn't realize company policies and industry standards are all interchangeable, company to company and industry to industry.

17. Mr. Bertha

Mr. Bertha Member

Was the case candy in order? I'm beside myself with curiosity.

Starshine, Gurn, xzacx and 3 others like this.
  18. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Silver Supporting Member

I don't think personally this adds anything to the value of the guitar now or in the future. Though, one could make the point that if the Gibson QC group cannot get a simple thing like putting the correct photo (supposedly taken while being inspected) in the correct case than you have to wonder how much attention to detail was paid to more important processes during the build and inspection cycle.

DrainBamage, stonem and sportycliff like this.
  19. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

Return it.. ask for full refund + pain and suffering

Gurn, Digidog and HTSMetal like this.
  20. Teleplayer

Who said they were?