Gibsons personal inspecton photo is FAKE!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DrainBamage, Sep 21, 2017.

1. bob-i

bob-i Member

I'd still do her

Gurn likes this.
  2. sleep

sleep Member

Your post doesn't say that the photo you got doesn't match your guitar. Your post is a blurry close up of a card on a bench and some junior detective work regarding someone's initials.

Are you saying that the picture you received is not of your guitar? Because if that's the case, I still don't care.

Herb Utsmelz and bryan83 like this.
  3. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

True Pete, I really am happy. Minor quibble, easily attributable to musicians friend

Peteyvee likes this.
  4. DrainBamage

DrainBamage Member

Ouch! Guitar forum posters still brutal, some incompetent and some still waist their time replying they don't care!

FiestaRed likes this.
  5. icr

icr Member

Didn't you read the first post? The guitar is JUNK because it wasn't properly inspected, or wasn't properly photographed, or something like that maybe...actually not sure why.

Gurn likes this.
  6. Gurn

Gurn Member

I'm glad OP brought this to our attention. Gibson is definitely up to something here.

Maybe Henry J. is back to his old tricks again. Here is the photo that came in my case candy.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, there was this one too. Note the snapshot of 2 bald guys waving over the inspector's desk, near the rubber-bands. That's the X-Files element of this whole situation. Is that Henry J. with an evil twin? Why does a Gibson inspector need so many rubber bands anyway?

There is definitely something wierd happening here.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Peteyvee likes this.
  7. stratplexi

stratplexi Member

Forget the card in the pic. Is the guitar in the pic yours? Does the actual guutar have quality problems? A picture doesnt mean anything...what matters is the guitar.

Gurn and Peteyvee like this.
  8. TANFK

TANFK Member

You don't care so much that you quoted a post as you are obviously reading all of these posts, 5 pages, and continued caring so little you made an internet post about it to argue with the op? About something you care nothing about?

Hmmm... Thats an awful lot of effort for someone who doesn't care.

Like all of the bitter haters posting on this thread. The OP is supposedly so out of line, its taken 5 pages to try and convey that. 5 pages. Sorry but OP wins. Successful thread.

Actions speak louder than words LOL. 5 pages louder.

FiestaRed and DrainBamage like this.
  9. Gurn

Gurn Member

Can't speak for OP but...

1. That one is mine.

2. Hay ningun problema.

3. a. But the man in the derby hat, why is he tearing off his own face?

b. The 2 bald guys - who are they waving at...the inspector? at me?

c. Who are they? Henry J. and his evil twin? Patrick Stewart?

d. Why would a quality control inspector need so many rubber bands?

There is a pattern here. If we could only discern it, this could be huge.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Peteyvee likes this.
  10. DrainBamage

DrainBamage Member

Its a black SG.. how on earth would any one tell? Oh ya, the certification card that they take a photo of, but wait that was someone else's certification card meaning someone else's guitar Gisbon are using as a stock photo. So the question is why give us a photo! Did someone actually give the guitar a look over? I had to re set it up.. has a few cosmetic issues, but expected. So the question still stands. Did someone actually certify my guitar good enough to be sold or do they just assume it will be good enough for who buys it?

This thread is comical. The only reason for my post.
    The dozen posters here are taking this thread too seriously! Get a life have some fun once in a while?

11. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Supporting Member

12. Blackmoreguitar

Blackmoreguitar Silver Supporting Member

I agree that Gibson have f'd up, and if they are going to go to the bother of including a photo it should be the right photo, but to say that they are using fake or stock photos seems a little overboard. The guy on the bench probably just picked up the wrong photo from the printer or something. As you are upset by this I would contact Gibson and talk to them about it. It's quite possible that all the photos are kept on a database, and they can send you the one taken of your guitar.

TrampledUnderFoot likes this.
  13. stratamania

stratamania Member

My Gibson Les Paul came with a bench photo and inspection card. All matches up and nothing unusual about it.

There is always a possibility at a dealer of two guitars taken out of there cases being put back in the other case.

14. Herb Utsmelz

Herb Utsmelz 'Tis what 'tis Supporting Member

People do this? Are you talking a setup to a subjective playing action or routine maintenance like trussrod adjustment and not having rusty strings?

15. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Kind of like the COA.

hunter

DrainBamage likes this.
  16. Herb Utsmelz

The core issue is that you actually think a large company's "bench" certification of a non-CS guitar means something. The sooner you learn how to evaluate a guitar on your own, the sooner you can skip posting troll threads to mock everyone for pointing out that you're being obnoxious over a picture.

17. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

Wait, they put a Gibson sticker over the Peavey logo? Any company that is so dishonest as to conceal the true make of a test amp on the bench is surely capable of something a nefarious as deliberately inserting the wrong photo so as to completely destroy the resale value of said guitar, nay the entire used Gibson market, thereby ensuring people will buy new rather than used.

Those bastards.

COYS, Peteyvee and Gurn like this.
  18. Faded

Faded Supporting Member

Does it really matter? No.

Gurn likes this.
  19. hunter

hunter Supporting Member

Do you place a $$ value on a COA?

hunter

20. Herb Utsmelz

Only as a bargaining piece against a used guitar if it doesn't have it. Just being consistent with the market. But what does a COA have to do with a picture of a guitar sitting on a bench?

Gurn likes this.