• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Gig bag for baritone guitar?

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Just picked up a Jerry Jones baritone, 28" scale. (Fine instrument, BTW.) It came with a rather nice rectangular hard case. These can be rather awkward to manage. I'd like to find a high-quality gig bag alternative, not sure what this guitar will fit in. Bass gig bags will be longer than I need.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
MD

TwoTubMan

I just use a P-Bass bag for my baritone Strat. There's a little extra room, but it works.

James

I don't have any ideas on a bass gig bag (other than snope around ebay, craigslist and stores with used stuff, sometimes you run into the oddball thing that you need), but CONGRATS on the JJ Baritone. Love those. Is yours a 2 pick-up or 3 pick-up model?

best,
James

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I don't have any ideas on a bass gig bag (other than snope around ebay, craigslist and stores with used stuff, sometimes you run into the oddball thing that you need), but CONGRATS on the JJ Baritone. Love those. Is yours a 2 pick-up or 3 pick-up model?

best,
James
James: It's the 2 pickup model. My buddy loaned me one years ago with that setup ... I knew it was the one for me 'cause that middle p/u position sounded so fine. Tried this one out last Sunday, could not put it down. Remarkable playing and sounding instruments, aren't they?

MD

mtnblubird

I bought a used Jerry Jones Bass6 from Gruhn in Nashville. It didn't have a case, but they shipped it in a gig bag for me. The gig bag has their Gruhn logo on it, but it's a Levy's brand and the model number written on it is EM8S. I'm guessing it's for a bass. The JJ Bass6 has a longer neck than the JJ baritone. But this bag fits the Bass6.

Note: I have a JJ Neptune bari too. (Got an amazing deal on it. It was with a case. But now I don't really want to sell the Bass6.) I just tried putting the bari in the gig bag. It fits well. The bodies are the same. There is about 5" space above the top of the bari headstock. There is about 3.5" of space above the Bass6 headstock. But it doesn't feel as if the baritone will slide around . . . because the body fits snuggly on the bottom.

Hope that helps.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks everybody, for your suggestions. I lucked out tonight, found the perfect bag for it at Sam Ash. A "Body Glove" bag, seems well made and very well padded. The guitar bag works ... the JJ fits nicely in there with not much room to spare. Based on what I've seen (lots of crappy low end bags out there), this one at 60 some bucks is an excellent choice.

Trending Topics