Gig Bag Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sebastian, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Sebastian

Sebastian Supporting Member

Some of you must get the Musician's Friend catalog...I was checking it out and saw some gig bags with lots of compartments and pockets...I've been thinking of picking up something like that. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'd like a way to keep all my "First Aid" and backup stuff separate so it doesn't get in the way of the stuff I actually use. You know, the extra cables, tubes, picks, strings, etc.

As for the stuff I'm regularly using: vocal mic, mic cable, 48v phantom power box and adaptor for vocal mic, cables, capo, etc.

I've got a duffel now, so everything goes in and comes out in one big lumpy mess.

It'd be nice to get it all organized, have a place for a water bottle, CDs, notebook, lyrics binder, etc.

2. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

I saw the Body Glove bag at a local mega-store and it looked very cool. I'd love to hear from someone who's owned one for a while.

3. 6789

6789 Member

I use a Kaces "looks like leather" case. it doesn't have a lot of pockerts but I like the way it looks.

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I have a bag by Access that is sort of a next-gen verison of the PRS gig bag. The PRS one lasted me for 8 years; the new one I got a few months ago is actually much nicer.

5. UnderTheGroove

UnderTheGroove Supporting Member

I use one of these bags made by incase, and it's fantastic. Lots of protective padding and plenty of room for storage. It's expensive, but it's easy to see what you are getting for the money.

6. uberschall

uberschall Supporting Member

I use the Summit Guitar Pack. It carries your guitar so that the face of it is forward, instead of to the rear, like most bags; this protects the face better. It's also got a bungee holder for cords, etc., and a detachable messenger-type bag with lots of pockets. You can use this by itself too. I compared this with the GC bags and the Incase. My friend has an Incase and it's beautiful, but the Summit looks great too, and has a little more space for the guitar and storage. For a little more money, I think you get a lot more quality than GC bags, and it's cheaper than the Incase too.

7. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

8. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

I would highly recomend either of the Incase bags. Probably the coolest gig bags made (mine has my tele in it right here at my desk).

BUT... I thought they stopped making them. If they started offering them again, I'd like to buy another one!!!

Let me know...

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Umm, for what it is worth, I am a longtime Incase gig bag user for guitars. I thought he was describing a bag for accessories only.

10. Sebastian

Sebastian Supporting Member

Actually, yes, I meant more of a duffel or briefcase or backpack type thing for accessories for gigs.

I've got an electric In Case bag and I love it. But I'm mostly playing a Gretsch now, and In Case doesn't seem to be building bags any more. I wanted to order an acoustic In Case bag for my Gretsch, but couldn't.

I'm also open to a metal briefcase type thing if it's got some compartments.

Thanks for the help.