• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

gig bags

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
i'm a reunion blues guy. What else is out there that you would recommend?
Glenn Cronkhite.

He's the guy that created Reunion Blues and he now has bags made under his name. They're still made in the San Francisco Bay area and many of the original Reunion Blues people still make the bags.

Glenn's current bags cost no more than the import bags that Reunion Blues has moved to.

sbruce

I'm looking for a bag that will also hold my 13" Mabook...any suggestions? The only one I've seen is hte incase, which is super expensive, and not even available anymore.

Thanks!

dc_jcm800

Gold Supporting Member
Any bag good and safe for a solid body, like a Les Paul?

I hate the idea, but the convenience of taking the train and walking is so much easier with a gig bag.

ooh... do I get to be first on the incase?

Best. Gigbag. Ever.

I'll second the inCase -- can't praise it enough. I have the 2-guitar version, and I always pack one LP style guitar and one strat. Everything fits great in the bag, lots of extra storage, tons of protection, easy to tote, couldn't be happier.

Blue4Now

Gold Supporting Member
The pro-bag line if gig bags is great. I picked up one a few months ago and for 100 bucks the quality is very impressive. Looks and fells every bit as nice as the Levy's @ 1/3 the price

sbruce

anyone have any idea why incase stopped selling the slim bag? It seems to be the "holy grail" of gig bags and yet they don't sell it anymore?

Still looking for any info on a gig bag that will also hold a small laptop (besides the incase which is no longer available :)

JMarck

Still on the trail for a good gig bag as well, and it's a shame the incase bags are unavailable..

What gig bag out there is the most protective yet, has pouches for lesson books, etc?

sbruce

as far as I can tell...no. But everyone keeps talking them up :) I hear they go on eBay every once in a while, but I've been looking and haven't found one.

Zuper

Silver Supporting Member
Glenn Cronkhite.

He's the guy that created Reunion Blues and he now has bags made under his name. They're still made in the San Francisco Bay area and many of the original Reunion Blues people still make the bags.

Glenn's current bags cost no more than the import bags that Reunion Blues has moved to.
:agree Glenn's bags are really nice. I'd love to get one some day.

hackett

do glenn's bags have more pockets and compartments. i really like the three reunion blues bags i have, except there is just one big pocket. it takes me forever to find stuff some times. i have godin gig bag that's great about having places to put different things but the strap is very awkward. It's too low on the bag, wants to fall off ect...

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
do glenn's bags have more pockets and compartments. i really like the three reunion blues bags i have, except there is just one big pocket. it takes me forever to find stuff some times. i have godin gig bag that's great about having places to put different things but the strap is very awkward. It's too low on the bag, wants to fall off ect...
Nope, it's just the one big pocket. Great bags though!:AOK

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a reunion blues guy myself. Have two of them for the longest time. At current prices, they'll be my last. I did pick up a "body glove" bag from Sam Ash last night, for a baritone guitar. For 60 some bucks it seems like a well-made product, a big step up from the Roadrunner brand stuff you see at Guitar Center. The foam is dense and stiff ... not a bag that will fold up without a guitar in it. Try one.

Trending Topics