gig report: lotsa pics, the usual silliness

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Brian Krashpad, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Member

Played a set on the Bo Diddley Community Plaza downtown Saturday, for an early voting awareness rally:

[​IMG]

After our set, I was interviewed by the Alligator (the largest student-run newspaper in the United States, with a daily circulation of 35,000 and readership of over 52,000) and the local television station, ABC affiliate TV 20. Crazy that with all the activists there they bothered to talk to me.

About 8 p.m. a girl that'd been to the event (daughter of a friend, her folks both came too) posted on my facebook page that she'd seen me on the 6 o'clock news. Having my usual attention span of a gnat, I'd forgotten to watch. So I made a point of staying up to watch the 11 p.m. re-broadcast, and as they open the show, the first thing all of Gainesville sees is me on my knees playing guitar, having lept off the stage for the solo at the end of our closer.

So they do a couple headlines and then the piece about the event. They re-show the footage of Crash Pad playing, including a shot from earlier in the set (all 4 of us onstage), then some crowd shots, then they talked to one of the speakers. And then they talked to me, haha. Just a few seconds of course, but a closeup and with my name "Brian Crashpad" on the screen.

Meanwhile, the Alligator doesn't publish over the weekend, so Monday I go to a newsbox (it's a free paper) and there on p. 4 is a pic of me, basically the same thing TV 20 opened their broadcast with:

[​IMG]

There was no story in the print edition, but if you go to the website, there's a story in addition to the pic. Also, on the Alligator website, the above pic was on the front splash page, in rotation with 2 other photos (one was the Gators women's b-ball team, the other was Dr. Cornel West, who visited town on Friday as part of our Occupy movement).

Ah, the life of the rockstar.

A friend who was there on Saturday has a radio show that's a mix of politics and a few songs interspersed. I gave him a CD of the new release, and he played some Crashers last night. That's like 5 times we've been played by local broadcast or internet radio stations (including one guy last Thursday night who played our entire album) in the last 10 days, on 4 different stations (2 broadcast, 2 internet, 1 of which is a former on-air station).

As usual, feel free to comment on my poseritude. Any questions gladly answered.

Will post some more pics as time allows.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Member

3. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

Good lord: a T-60 onstage. Win!

4. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

Very cool op! (I can only see the one main pic...my work has the rest blocked - shows x's)

5. whiteop

whiteop Senior Member

Exactly what I thought when I first saw the pics. Back in the 80's I wanted to buy one of the clearcoat versions but I couldnt get over the fact that it was a Peavey guitar which I figured would be crap since it didn't have Fender or Gibson on the headstock. Looking back I wish I would have bought one cuz it turns out they were actually pretty good guitars and have an almost cult type following now.

6. Tuberoast

Tuberoast Silver Supporting Member

I played a friends T-60 was more than impressed.

7. Brian Krashpad

Brian Krashpad Member

Thanks fellers, that's Theresa, my 1980 T-60. Got her 5 or 6 years ago (I'm guessing) w/ohsc for 2 bills. I try to rotate through my guitars for shows, not playing the same one twice in a row, and her number came up. Very underrated, most people don't understand how to use the tone/splitter control circuit, which I'll admit is very unusual. Also, a lot of people complain about the weight, but the solid color ones are most often poplar (I believe mine is) and thus considerably lighter than the natural-finished Northern Ash ones.

Last batch:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]