1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gig Report Part 1 - Blackberry Smoke at the Hollywood Bowl 05/14/11.

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by BMF Effects, May 15, 2011.

1. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

Got turned on to Blackberry Smoke (on tour with the Zac Brown Band) via a TGP thread and got to check them out last night courtesy of Zac's guitar tech Eric.

[​IMG]

If you have not checked out Blackberry Smoke yet, I strongly recommend doing so. Somewhere between the Georgia Satellites and Lynyrd Skynyrd with a little early ZZ Top thrown in these guys rocked and is if that wasn't enough, they are cool as hell. Thanks to Charlie, Paul, Brit, Brandon and Richard for their hospitality.

Also thanks to Zac's tech Eric who set the whole thing up and made me feel very welcome in his world. I got to watch the whole show from Eric's guitar station. As it turns out, Eric was Marc Fords's tech during the 2005-2006 Crowes tour and was kind enough to give me this.

[​IMG]

:banana

Being the Marc Ford fan boy that I am, it was the icing on the cake.

2. BMF Effects

BMF Effects Supporting Member

There's a BBS concert on Direct TV on Mon, May 16, 9:00PM EDT. Worth watching/taping.

3. KSKONDOR

KSKONDOR Member

Saw BBS open for ZZ Top a couple of years ago. Loved it. Very Riff Driven. Orange Amps. Good Tone. Good Songs. Nothing not to like.

4. will132

will132 Member

Love their latest CD.

5. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

I just discovered these guys via a Directv show (?101 channel). Great, great band. Hot chops, rockin' tones, great voice, etc. Four thumbs up! :aok X 4

jon