Gig Report... Providence RI!!

SBRocket

Platinum Supporting Member
Wow!! We just played one of the most beautiful theaters I have ever seen, the Providence Performing Arts Center in Rhode Island. That place is worth a trip to see.

We brought in 1200+ people and the show was awesome. Great sound and lighting and an amazing venue. And everyone from the box office agents to the theater manager were really, really nice.

During the show we had one of our helpers hold up a sign for us for one song and as soon as the song was over, about 200 kids rushed the stage! It was funny. The ushers and parents got them all back and under control quickly and we continued.

After we did the usual meet & greet autograph signing thing and it took about an hour to get through all the kids.

This was our first tour stop for our 3rd CD (Tiny Cool) and we had no idea what to expect in a new town but it all went really, really great.

Next stop, we are performing at a benefit for kids in Haiti on the 30th in NYC, then the Tiny Cool Tour continues with 2 shows in Durham, NC on Feb 6th. If you can come to the shows, please stop by and say hello after.

Steve

Last edited:

drod2045

Silver Supporting Member
what kind of music do you play? orginal overs? rock, blues, jazz, etc?

enocaster

I used to live in Providence and went there a few times - it's gorgeous inside:

I saw The White Stripes there - Jack opened the show by coming into the pit area (about 5 rows into the crowd) where the keyboard was and playing the 1st song on the giant house pipe organ. He was in "black face" makeup - it was bizarre, creepy, and unforgettably great!

what kind of music do you play? orginal overs? rock, blues, jazz, etc?
Kindertunes - see the link in his sig.

RickC

I have a lot of memories (and left a lot of brain cells) in that old building. Saw my first ever rock concert there (Lee Michaels); saw Keith Emerson stab the organ there; saw Ian Hunter get hit by a flying bottle; saw Wetton/Bruford era Crimson tear it up just feet away; and dozens more.

Back in the 70's, it was the Palace Concert Theater, and all the touring acts played there. Cool room, glad to see it's still making memories for people. Congrats on the gig!

/rick

SBRocket

Platinum Supporting Member
Yes it's an awesome historic venue. It was a real thrill to play there.

Steve

gergbeat

My Daughter and Wife went to that show! (I just had to show her this post) They had a great time.

Trending Topics