Gigging with a Sansamp Bass Driver.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Andrew Wright, May 7, 2015.

1. Andrew Wright

Andrew Wright Member

For small club shows where dragging around an 8x10 cab just doesn't appeal I've been thinking about picking up a sansamp bass driver and just going direct into the PA. does anyone have experience with the quality of tone this produces.

I know sansamp promotes the bass driver as something you can use without an amp...but does it actually sound anything like an SVT as it says it does?

2. carljoensson

carljoensson Member

Emulations are tricky. What is close enough or good enough is only for your ears to decide. In general, Sansamp has a good reputation. I have a Bass Driver Di in my home studio and enjoy it. Quite sure it feels different standing in front off a 8x10cab ;-)

3. pale fire

pale fire Supporting Member

also use the bass driver for home studio / recording...I like it a lot for that application; but like Carl above I can't speak to using it live

4. olejason

olejason Supporting Member

The Sansamp is an industry standard DI used by countless professionals. It will be fine :) Also of note are the VT Bass DI and the Darkglass B7k. Both have a lot of users.

5. Telecasteur

Telecasteur Member

It really depends on the PA system. If it's a good one with a sub, it will sound great. Of course it's hard to replace the tower of power.

Most places with great PAs, the sound guy will demand that you go direct, even if you bring a bass amp too.

The Sansamp gets the job done on its end. You can even use it in conjunction with an OC-3 to get a convincing bass sound out of a guitar.