1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gigging with Blackstar 60 watt stage +2-12" and 100 watt stage and 4x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bbutler123, May 18, 2011.

1. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

I'm gigging with this setup in a couple weeks, outdoors. I play solo and use a loop station. I run the backing track through one amp and the lead track through the other.

I use Celestion 70/80s (that they come with) in the Stage 60 along with a 2x12 with 70/80s. (I think these are fab speakers for this amp). I run the Blackstar 100 watt Stage head through a 4x12 of Celestion G12K-100s.

I use only pedals for distortion, so I want the amps to remain clean. I'm expecting very good results.

Before I bought the head, I had a Bugera 1960 head, Plexi-clone. That frickin' amp was amazing, and sounded like an old Marshall, but it was too loud and the knobs were to sensitive in the low volume range so you ended up with either 100 decibels or 1,000,000 decibels with at microscopic turn of the knob. :) So I had to get a different amp, cuz I can't screw around with it on stage (and balancing the 4 inputs, Bright and Normal channels). And I don't like using my guitar volume knobs, never have. It seems like it reduces the balls sent to the amp. Maybe I'm nuts about the balls (no pun there), but that's the way it seems. I use '57 Classics hums.

I love Blackstar. For the money, I don't think I could do better. Pristine cleans and darn good dirty channel (although I only use the clean channels).

2. tennisplayer

tennisplayer Senior Member

I love the thick clean channel on my Blackstar. They have such stellar overdrive channels why on earth use a pedal?

3. Hendog

Hendog Member

I am lost as to why you would use this amp as a clean pedal platform. These amps really shine for their gain channels. I have a HT-40 (and an HT-5) and while the clean channel is really great I can't imagine why you would run a pedal through the clean channel for your dirt. Seems crazy.